LaunchBox Community Forums

32" TV or monitor?

Moca

Hello everyone, everything good ?
I'm building my arcade, and I've reached the point of purchasing the screen, I'm in doubt about a 32" monitor or a 32" TV
The objective of my arcade is to have emulator games and also play PC games, however I built a good PC for that.
I'm trying to make it so that there is a minimum of delay.. the buttons and commands, I'm already connected to a 0 delay board.
I'm not sure which screen would be more appropriate. A TV or a monitor. Remembering that the size is 32 inches.
the monitor I'm interested in is = (LG UltraGear 32 LED Gamer Monitor, 165 Hz, QHD, 1ms, 32GN600-B)
I haven't found a specific TV yet.
I would like your opinion. thank you guys

2 minutes ago, Moca said:

Hello everyone, everything good ?
I'm building my arcade, and I've reached the point of purchasing the screen, I'm in doubt about a 32" monitor or a 32" TV
The objective of my arcade is to have emulator games and also play PC games, however I built a good PC for that.
I'm trying to make it so that there is a minimum of delay.. the buttons and commands, I'm already connected to a 0 delay board.
I'm not sure which screen would be more appropriate. A TV or a monitor. Remembering that the size is 32 inches.
the monitor I'm interested in is = (LG UltraGear 32 LED Gamer Monitor, 165 Hz, QHD, 1ms, 32GN600-B)
I haven't found a specific TV yet.
I would like your opinion. thank you guys

Get a monitor, not only should it have lower input lag, but it will also support more resolutions and different framerates via gsync/freesync, as well as supporting display port that no TV has.