LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Freeze after Storefront Window Closed

Obikenobi

Hey, 

I've got a problem with Launchbox. When starting Launchbox, a message appears stating that the login data from a store has expired. The mentioned store is Epic Games. After the storefront window opens, it immediately closes and Launchbox becomes unresponsive.

Are there any Logfiles I can lookup or send to Support?

Launchbox 13.8 
Windows 11
Fresh installed yesterday

We have seen this reported by some users and there is a beta that should address the issue. To opt into it perform the following steps with LaunchBox closed:
Navigate to the folder LaunchBox is installed to
Go to the Data folder and open Settings.xml
Search for "EnableAutoImport" (without quotes)
Change that value from true to false
Save and close the file
Open LaunchBox
Go to Tools > Options, in the window that opens to go the General > Updates page and check update to beta release.
Close options and then go to help menu and check for updates and let LB install the beta it finds
Once LB restarts itself under the beta you can disable that beta opt in (if desired), and then go to Tools > Manage > Manage Storefronts and enable the auto import again.

Thanks for the post (and the reply). This issue is occurring for me as well. I don't have the 'enableautoimport' text in the setting.xml file, but I DO have 'enableautomatedimports'. I assume this is the proper line to change? I've gone ahead and tried it.  After LB restarted itself I checked the box on the front end to 'enable automatic imports on startup' from within Tools > Manage > Storefronts and thus far this has resolved the issue. I'll post again if the issue returns,.

Much appreciated!

Edited by bradr999
clarity