LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox.Import.ROM files Doubles

RavenDarhk

Hello,

So, have noticed an odd issue and saw there was another post for this from 2019 but it was fixed in a patch so no info that really helped me.

I am not loosing sleep over this as it doesn't seem to do any real harm.

I am using the latest beta of Launchbox, Windows 11 Pro all up to date, running off an external HDD.

Issue: When I add new games, let say to Xbox (happens on multiple platforms), there are some games that even though they are already in my Launchbox library, they will still show up in the import new Roms. So every time I add and scan for Xbox games Buffy and Advent will appear every time.

Even though they show up as new games being detected, it does not add duplicates to my game library, which is why it isn't a big deal. Just a curious issue. I have also noticed that as of now, it only seems to happen with ISO files.

I did attach a Pic. Currently I have absolutely no new games that need to be added to Xbox yet I get these ones each and every scan for Xbox. If I click finish it will just say zero new games have been added. It only happens with a small number of games.

Dupe.png

17 hours ago, RavenDarhk said:

Hello,

So, have noticed an odd issue and saw there was another post for this from 2019 but it was fixed in a patch so no info that really helped me.

I am not loosing sleep over this as it doesn't seem to do any real harm.

I am using the latest beta of Launchbox, Windows 11 Pro all up to date, running off an external HDD.

Issue: When I add new games, let say to Xbox (happens on multiple platforms), there are some games that even though they are already in my Launchbox library, they will still show up in the import new Roms. So every time I add and scan for Xbox games Buffy and Advent will appear every time.

Even though they show up as new games being detected, it does not add duplicates to my game library, which is why it isn't a big deal. Just a curious issue. I have also noticed that as of now, it only seems to happen with ISO files.

I did attach a Pic. Currently I have absolutely no new games that need to be added to Xbox yet I get these ones each and every scan for Xbox. If I click finish it will just say zero new games have been added. It only happens with a small number of games.

Dupe.png

I don't believe the Scan for Added games wizard actually imports duplicates even if it finds new files for a game already imported. I'd edit of the games on the list and look and see what their application path is. If it's not the same it'd explain what you are seeing. If you want to import them as additional applications you could run the standard ROM import to do so.

The application path is the same, I am kind of OCD about keeping things organized. I got to messing with it some last night, while I am not entirely certain yet, I think that it continually pulls up the same few games because there is corruption in the ROM file which throws the Launchbox scan into a loop with those games. I launched one and it stopped playing after the main menu, then I tried Avatar and it skipped around so bad it was like it was trying to turn itself into a dubstep beat. I need to test it a little more but I feel that is the culprit. I got new copies of a few of the Roms and those roms went away and quit showing up in the scan.

Like I said this wasn't a huge issue, not a game changer by any means. It just piqued my curiosity. When I see a problem I like knowing the cause and what to do with it. Never hurts to learn something new.

I will continue testing as they come up and see if my corruption theory holds out through them all, which I think it will. Granted, these were from Xbox and Xbox can be a royal p in the a..

Thank you C-beats for the response, it is very much appreciated.

R.D.

LaunchBox doesn't typically read the files you're importing in anyway. Almost all systems we just parse the ROM filename so the corruption thing would only make sense if it was a drive or file corruption. I'm not entirely sure that's the issue though. You could run chkdsk to be sure though if you felt the need.

• 3 weeks later...