LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox v13.8 - Freezes On Startup

mav2k

Hi All,

I am new here and to LaunchBox, however I have come across an issue before I have had chance to get started.  After installing LaunchBox, and adding my license information, I double click to start the app, it takes around 10 seconds to load, then it presents me with a screen to add games etc.. however after only 5 seconds the screen I was trying to read closes, leaving the basic interface screen loaded, but it has completely frozen, I am unable to click on anything.

I tried going into Task Manager, where I can see 2 instances of 'LaunchBox' and 2 instances of 'CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess' running, not marked as unresponsive, but the only way to quit LaunchBox is to end the process through Task Manager.

I have tried re-installing LaunchBox over the original installation, but still have the same issue.  I also tried launching BigBox but it forces me to LaunchBox as I have yet to add any games etc.

I am running on Windows 11 Pro, AMD Ryzon 9 7940HS w/ Radeon 780M iGPU, 32gb DDR5 RAM and a Kingston 1tb NVMe drive.

All the latest drivers and updates are installed for Windows and AMD.

Would really appreciate some help with this issue, thanks in advance.