LaunchBox Community Forums

How would I go about creating an and/or auto playlist?

RagingBull

For example, let's say I want to create a "Fighting" playlist with all my fighting games. Is there a way to make it so "It contains" the genre "Fighting" but "does not contain" the genre "Beat 'em Up".
Or alternatively create a playlist named "Visual Novel" with it containing the genre "Visual Novel" but it not adding the ones with the "Adult" genre.

I've tried to do it but it just completely imports my whole library of games which is kind of annoying. I've tried pretty much everything and I really don't know how to do it and so I was hoping someone more knowledgeable then me could point it out.

Edited by RagingBull

The way auto-populate playlists work at the moment is that each criteria is combined using AND logic, but if you have multiple criteria with the same field they are first joined by an OR. The reason you are having issues is that you're trying to use AND logic to join the same field criteria multiple times (contains fighting AND not contains beat em up).