LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot map Goldleaf arcade buttons attached to an I-Pac Ultimate I/O

cbuckthree

New custom built gaming PC running Windows 11. Mame works fine, LED Blinky lights all controls as intended. I can play MAME and MESEN games no issues with button mapping.

My problem is I am not able to map my arcade buttons in BigBox so I can navigate through BigBox without a keyboard. I tried to map the buttons, but pressing the appropriate arcade button doesn't register in the "Controller Mappings" menu

• I turned on "Enable Game Controllers"
  • I'm able to navigate BigBox just find with a keyboard
  • I was able to delete the buttons in "Controller Mappings" menu
  • I can open notepad and see that the buttons are registering as key presses in notepad

Side note, I just noticed that when remapping BigBox doesn't register any presses from the USB keyboard either.

Also just found out that I cannot map the controls in LaunchBox either. Same symptoms. It doesn't recognize presses from the arcade buttons or my USB keyboard.

Edited by cbuckthree
Added more detail

49 minutes ago, cbuckthree said:
  • I'm able to navigate BigBox just find with a keyboard
  • I was able to delete the buttons in "Controller Mappings" menu

this suggests you're not adjusting things in the correct menu. that is where you go to change how controllers operate. I would bet your encoder is set to keyboard mode rather than xinput or dinput, since if either of those were used you could utilize controller mapping settings. process of elimination then would suggest you are using keyboard mode

try the KEYBOARD mapping menu instead

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...