LaunchBox Community Forums

Sound Issues

StuParker

Good Day All

I finally got my gaming rig off the ground and had moved my Launchbox install from my old PC to my new gaming rig.  Everything works except the sound.  To confirm I did play games with sound seperately on my emulators.  Not sure how to fix this.  I did remember reading something about Display to 60MHz which I've confirmed is done.

Thank You

You referring to sound in LaunchBox/Big Box or sound in the game? What issue are you having? If the sound is cutting in and out it's almost always a framerate issue, either because your refresh rate isn't correct (check both Windows display settings as well as the emulators refresh rate/vsync settings) or because your PC is failing to drive the game at the correct framerate (typically 60fps). I've not even heard of sound issues in LB/BB so I don't have any boilerplate advice for you in that regard without more information.

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

You referring to sound in LaunchBox/Big Box or sound in the game? What issue are you having? If the sound is cutting in and out it's almost always a framerate issue, either because your refresh rate isn't correct (check both Windows display settings as well as the emulators refresh rate/vsync settings) or because your PC is failing to drive the game at the correct framerate (typically 60fps). I've not even heard of sound issues in LB/BB so I don't have any boilerplate advice for you in that regard without more information.

I am reffering to sound in teh game thru Launchbox.  

31 minutes ago, StuParker said:

I am reffering to sound in teh game thru Launchbox.  

The way you worded this isn't possible. LaunchBox doesn't play the game at all. I assume you mean in game if launched via LaunchBox. It's still your emulator PLAYING the game, we aren't. That being said, what emulator are you using and having the issue in?