LaunchBox Community Forums

Loading anything using Retroarch through Launchbox gives black screen only - Previously working (works outside launchbox in Retroarch)

LH-Arcade

All my consoles were working fine using RetroArch through Launchbox and now are not.

Every console associated with Retroarch just opens to black screen with the banner across the middle. (screenshot attached)

Hitting ESC 2x exits. Hitting F1 does nothing. 

I can right click and do "Open RetroArch" and it opens fine I can then load content and the games work fine

Emulator details attached.

I tried deleting and re-importing sega genesis for example and still behaves the same.

I'm not using retroarch for mame and all that works fine.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 132039.png

Screenshot 2023-12-10 132308.png

Screenshot 2023-12-10 132257.png

Screenshot 2023-12-10 132913.png

Oddly enough after reinstalling Retroarch manually and adding to Launchbox the extract option was off and I still had the problem. I tried with Atari 2600 turning extract on and it worked... Going to have to try it with a few others and see if it works. NO idea why it wasn't working before and is working now.

15 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

Pretty sure with most cores, you don't need to have LaunchBox extract the ROMs 1st.  You might try unchecking that option on one or a couple of the Associated Platforms and test that way.  I'm not saying they shouldn't work if LaunchBox extracts them 1st. It's just I've never tried it that way. 

Just tried it both ways with NES Nestopia via retroarch and its not working, sound comes through but no video. Atari using Stella via Retroarch with extract checked is working. Using either directly in retroarch works fine.

Ok figured out why this is happening, just not sure what was installed that broke it.

Running retroarch games in full screen crashes (even directly in retroarch) so this is no longer a Launchbox issue. 

Switching Retroarch to use dx12 allows games to launch without issue so far.

• Game On 1