LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with App Wheel Scrolling

cult

Per request, I've been asked to open a support thread on this issue. I've getting consistent frequent crashes when attempting to scroll through All Games view under any Console with this release. Seems to not be tied to any of the themes as its happening in the default theme & custom themes. 

Some additional info:

Device: Samsung Fold 5

OS version: One UI v6 (although encountered same issue with v5) 

This seems to also be occurring with console/devices which have been scraped either with the Launchbox Windows app along with the scraper utility from the Android version. 

Curious though, could it be because the app cannot keep up with loading artwork when scrolling? I'm not sure if the code has a local cache that contains artwork or it just loads from the local pngs obtained from the scraper but was wondering if that might be a root cause

Please reach out of you have any suggestions or need additional info - Thanks for your help

22 hours ago, cult said:

Per request, I've been asked to open a support thread on this issue. I've getting consistent frequent crashes when attempting to scroll through All Games view under any Console with this release. Seems to not be tied to any of the themes as its happening in the default theme & custom themes. 

Some additional info:

Device: Samsung Fold 5

OS version: One UI v6 (although encountered same issue with v5) 

This seems to also be occurring with console/devices which have been scraped either with the Launchbox Windows app along with the scraper utility from the Android version. 

Curious though, could it be because the app cannot keep up with loading artwork when scrolling? I'm not sure if the code has a local cache that contains artwork or it just loads from the local pngs obtained from the scraper but was wondering if that might be a root cause

Please reach out of you have any suggestions or need additional info - Thanks for your help

Interesting that you are receiving these crashes on a Samsung device. Although I've never used the Fold, I've used about 4-5 different Samsung phones and tablets and have never experienced a crash like this before using them. Leads me to rhetorically ask what could be different with the Fold in their software. It's definitely not the images or the performance loading them into the app, your device is more than enough for that. For example, I also heavily test with a Retroid Pocket 2 plus and haven't experienced a crash on that either.

I'm hoping that the next beta will shed some light on this issue. Once the next beta comes out (ETA yet to be determined), the next time you crash with it, we'll receive the crash report and see if there's anything in there that may explain what you are seeing.

In the meantime, can you use a theme like Pure and see if you get a crash while navigating around?

Yes actually Pure is my base theme that I've been experiencing crashes with. But I've experienced the same crashes with the others though. But that's good to hear about the crash dump feature, maybe I'll wait until then and how it clears up in the meanwhile

14 hours ago, cult said:

Yes actually Pure is my base theme that I've been experiencing crashes with. But I've experienced the same crashes with the others though. But that's good to hear about the crash dump feature, maybe I'll wait until then and how it clears up in the meanwhile

Do you use the game statistics syncing feature? If you do, what happens if you turn it off?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 11:03 AM, faeran said:

Do you use the game statistics syncing feature? If you do, what happens if you turn it off?

Hello - Sorry missed your response. No not syncing statistics though. Any news on a new version with logs/crash dump capability?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 3:21 PM, cult said:

Hello - Sorry missed your response. No not syncing statistics though. Any news on a new version with logs/crash dump capability?

We are back at it after the holidays and it should be coming soon. We are targeting the next beta for sometime next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello - Just wanted to give an update. Encountered the same issue with the OK button with Beta 3 but was able to install successfully after going into the Updates folder. Had the same crash as before after installing Beta 3 but then cleared app cache and so far it hasn't returned. Will update if it continues again - Themes for looking into this

15 hours ago, cult said:

And as soon as I send this it happened again - How can I get you a crash report?

It's automatic. Once you crash, we get the report. We are collecting them as they come and triaging the ones that are happening to the most people, across multiple devices.

So, if it's crashes, we've got it :)

• Thanks 1