LaunchBox Community Forums

Crashing when viewing games with no media

mrw1986

Hello,

I've tried the latest stable and beta releases of LB and both crash when scrolling past a game in my library that hasn't been properly scraped (missing media, etc.). I'm running on an Ayn Odin 2 Max using internal storage (not SD). Everything else works perfectly, but this is driving me crazy. I've tried to edit the metadata and import the media for those ROMs, but the changes never stick. I checked the log files and there aren't any errors. LB just crashes to my launcher with no error messages.

I've tried a couple other front ends and none of them have this issue with the same ROM sets, locations, etc.

Thanks,

mrw1986

Edited by mrw1986

7 hours ago, mrw1986 said:

Hello,

I've tried the latest stable and beta releases of LB and both crash when scrolling past a game in my library that hasn't been properly scraped (missing media, etc.). I'm running on an Ayn Odin 2 Max using internal storage (not SD). Everything else works perfectly, but this is driving me crazy. I've tried to edit the metadata and import the media for those ROMs, but the changes never stick. I checked the log files and there aren't any errors. LB just crashes to my launcher with no error messages.

I've tried a couple other front ends and none of them have this issue with the same ROM sets, locations, etc.

Thanks,

mrw1986

Thanks for the report. I know we have one dev that has the original Odin Pro, and the Odin 2 Pro, but hasn't experienced this issue.

What happens if, while inside of a game's view, you click on the top-right menu option and download all missing media? Do you still see crashing when you navigate around that view?

8 hours ago, faeran said:

Thanks for the report. I know we have one dev that has the original Odin Pro, and the Odin 2 Pro, but hasn't experienced this issue.

What happens if, while inside of a game's view, you click on the top-right menu option and download all missing media? Do you still see crashing when you navigate around that view?

I just gave this a shot. Unfortunately, it made no difference. I've attached a screen recording of the issue and the debug log generated during the recording.

Debug 2023-12-12 07-39-01 PM.log