LaunchBox Community Forums

Metadata not loading for game already in database?

EyerisMacula

Hello, I am new to Launchbox and have been trying to integrate my Steam games. However, I do notice that a lot of the games that have metadata in the Launchbox Games Database do not show the art work on my games list.

For example, Deiland is in the database, but trying to download the metadata for the game doesn't produce any results:

2023-12-20_11-33.thumb.png.378a3127495fe04a6a663cb8d54bfe41.png

The same goes for other games I have too that are on the database, like DiRT 3 Complete Showdown, DiRT Showdown, F1 2019, Quake III: Team Arena, Golden Axed: A Cancelled Prototype, etc.

Certain games also do not use the Box Art and instead have the Steam Banner, even though those images are also on the database, like Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters:

2023-12-20_11-42.png.0e5ac7654e1f1d733aef299a84761f50.png

Any help on how to solve this will be appreciated!

Right now the database is undergoing a process where we are adding SteamIds to games. Currently LaunchBox will not attempt to match games without a SteamID associated to them in the database. You can tell these pages because the pages WITH the association has a link to the game's Steam page. Right now the only work around is to manually go to a game and edit it. Once the window comes up, cut out the app path and then go to the metadata tab. Press search in the upper right and it'll find the game page. Then click on it to associate the game. Then go back to the launching page and paste the app path back in and press OK to save the changes. We realize this is FAR from ideal and are working hard to get the database changes completed.

18 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Right now the database is undergoing a process where we are adding SteamIds to games. Currently LaunchBox will not attempt to match games without a SteamID associated to them in the database. You can tell these pages because the pages WITH the association has a link to the game's Steam page. Right now the only work around is to manually go to a game and edit it. Once the window comes up, cut out the app path and then go to the metadata tab. Press search in the upper right and it'll find the game page. Then click on it to associate the game. Then go back to the launching page and paste the app path back in and press OK to save the changes. We realize this is FAR from ideal and are working hard to get the database changes completed.

Thanks very much! That has worked. Quick question though: If I do this with all games with missing metadata, will a future Launchbox update where all Steam IDs are integrated re-attempt to edit the metadata I had manually input?