LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist Error Or Myself?

Zayd47

3 minutes ago, Zayd47 said:

Uhh just currated i think,Because there's always an error when importing.Am i doing it wrong?

If the curated set you imported does not actually contain those roms for the playlist then nothing will show. Those playlist are really meant for use when importing a Full Mame Romset. LB will read the Mame.xml file for the version of Mame you are using and generate the child playlists for the various arcade boards and other common playlist types. 

• Unusual Gem 1

Geez..I think im doing it wrong then..Should i delete everything and start importing back?Or is there any edits that i can do..?

6 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If the curated set you imported does not actually contain those roms for the playlist then nothing will show. Those playlist are really meant for use when importing a Full Mame Romset. LB will read the Mame.xml file for the version of Mame you are using and generate the child playlists for the various arcade boards and other common playlist types. 

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

What is it you are really trying to accomplish? Knowing what you really want imported would give a better idea of what to recommend. 

I just removed everything and start over with.Before this it works and everything are good but after i change my pc,Something when wrong,I've got mame with playlist in every sub category,But now i have no idea what im doing,Even tough some of my roms are damaged and i think it might be old mame roms?plus,launchbox gives me error while importing so i had to choose the roms to import separately,Can you point me any links for the newbie for importing the roms in right way?I already forgot and mess it up.Thank you,And im sorry for this

P/S: Some roms such as CPS/Neogeo are making me confused and i might dont understand if the CPS/Neogeo are in the same category with mame or not.

Edited by Zayd47

16 minutes ago, Zayd47 said:

I just removed everything and start over with.Before this it works and everything are good but after i change my pc,Something when wrong,I've got mame with playlist in every sub category,But now i have no idea what im doing,Even tough some of my roms are damaged and i think it might be old mame roms?plus,launchbox gives me error while importing so i had to choose the roms to import separately,Can you point me any links for the newbie for importing the roms in right way?I already forgot and mess it up.Thank you,And im sorry for this

P/S: Some roms such as CPS/Neogeo are making me confused and i might dont understand if the CPS/Neogeo are in the same category with mame or not.

I think you are overcomplicating things by trying to separate out or use specific roms for CPS/NeoGeo. At least that is my guess based on what I am reading. 

Here is what I recommend to keep it simple. 

1. Google Pleasuredome.io and the first link to show up is their github. Click that link and scroll down until you see "Mame Full Sets". Download which ever version you want. They will all work but each has their own unique use (I usually use the merged set). 

2. Once you have a current full mame rom set use the LB Full Mame Rom set importer. Leave all check boxes it sets on by default and choose whatever child playlists you want when you get to the section. The Full set import UI will create all the arcade boards such as Neo Geo, CPS, CPS2, Cave, etc. 

Now you will have a current properly working Mame rom set and have the different boards split out. 

I recommend reading this and following the Youtube video linked. 

• Unusual Gem 1

8 minutes ago, Zayd47 said:

Oh and one thing i forgot,While imported mame rom,I always choose WORLD region.I think that is why some of my rom didn't show up?

Region you chose to prefer in your import would typically not make roms not work. Mame roms typically do not work for several common reasons. 

1. The Mame rom version you have is not compatible with the Mame version you are using. This is not to common of an issue, but can be if using a really old rom and trying to use more current Mame. 

2. You have a bad rom. You can always tell if this is the case by running the rom in Mame without using LB. If it does not work that way it is either a bad rom or see #1. 

3. You have a setting wrong in LB or you did not define the rom path for Mame if you stored your roms outside of the Mame.exe folder. This however, would usually affect all roms not just some. 

4. A user only having a partial Mame rom collection (a curated set of roms) and importing using the "Full Mame Rom Set" import option. The Full Rom Set option is only for an actual Full Mame Rom Set. 

There are others but these are the most common. 

• Thanks 1