LaunchBox Community Forums

My Windows games disappeared from Launchbox

PsiSoldier

Hello I just spent an entire week tagging my game collection of over 2000 windows games with new Genre and Theme info and suddenly almost my entire collection has vanished save for a small handful of about 20 games.

I just purchased 10 new games and added them to Steam but they were not showing up in Launchbox and when I tried to do import games from Steam it was telling me it couldn't connect to Steam even though it said I was logged in when I went to manage store fronts.   So at that point I decided to check my api key but that didn't seem to be an option so I got a new api key and then Launchbox suddenly would allow me to import my Steam games.  After that I went to update my Metadata choosing the recommended option not to replace anything and I suddenly realized that almost my entire game collection was gone from Launchbox save for about 30 games.

As I said in the beginning I spent around a week tagging my games with new genre and theme info and it is going to be a devastating loss if all that work is gone.  Launchbox seems to be taking FAR LONGER than it should to download media and Metadata for my games since I already had all of it downloaded except for the 10 new games so I'm really afraid of what I'm going to find when it's done.

Assuming the worst has happend is there a way to restore what I lost or at the very least make a backup so it doesn't happen again after I put in all that work once again????

Ok  So Upon restarting my computer, Steam and Launchbox  my Windows games came back.

However this got me worried about the possibility of loosing my work in flagging everything with the Genre information.      Is there a good way to backup my game collection?   

I am assuming that  Tools=>File Management=>Create Data Backup   is exactly what I am looking for but I'm not sure.  Does that save all the new Genre and MetaData information I have created myself?

5 hours ago, PsiSoldier said:

Does that save all the new Genre and MetaData information I have created myself?

Yes exactly that. It doesn't save images and videos or other media or stuff like ROMS etc. only your data folder is what really gets backed up like that.  If you have auto backups on there is also a backup made at each boot and exit of the program

• Thanks 1