LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox jerks on my new TV

Hello, I have a problem with launchbox on my PC connected to my new Sony Bravia TV.

I explain the situation, before I had an LG flat screen TV which was at least 10 years old, all the games ran in HDMI without problem, if I plug the computer into my PC screen, still no problem
on the other hand, on my new Sony Bravia 4K HDR TV, all the games without exception run in slow motion and the sound is choppy.

If I play something other than launchbox, once again no problem, if I play the switch's ryunjix emulator, no problem

My computer is up to date and I have an HDMI OR cable to play up to 8K

I don't know if it's a TV or launchbox setting, I also tried with retroarch, it's the same, no emulator works from the game boy to the megadrive, game cube, supernes, 3ds etc.

I'm at a dead end, has anyone had this problem before?

Sound choppiness is almost always a video frame rate issue. The sound chops to keep up with the slower than intended frame rate. Typically newer TV's refresh rate defaults to 30hz when hooked into a Windows PC. Make sure the TV's game mode is on if it has one and then go to Windows and make sure the refresh rate is set to 60hz or higher.