LaunchBox Community Forums

Teknoparrot from Launchbox

stevaside

I went the importing the XML files route, but each time I click on a game to play the Windows User Account Control pops up & makes me press yes to "Do you want this program Teknoparrot to make changes to you computer?" (DURRRRR I said yes, but go ahead & ask me again every time the rest of my life I guess)

Aside from that, as if TP games don't already take a while to load, there is always another 15-30 seconds or so added when using them in LB that you wait before TP loading screens even show up

I mean the games do play, but is their a cleaner, less annoying way to implement TP in LB?

2 hours ago, stevaside said:

I mean the games do play, but is their a cleaner, less annoying way to implement TP in LB?

why is the UAC prompt coming up in the first place? that only comes up when an executable is launched with admin privileges so sounds like you have it setup to always launch in admin mode then, so you should def change that! also just because you click yes (or no) it does not remember this like some saved setting, the prompt happens every time any executable is launched with admin privileges and that is expected behavior of the UAC prompt. which is why as frontend users we don't want to run stuff in admin mode if you want clean launches. don't be "that guy" and adjust UAC settings to never come up, it will likely bite you in the rear in the future when some program does something you didn't want it to because it could run with admin privileges unchecked

make sure this is not checked

image.thumb.png.667dabb293beca47675617147a091d04.png

that or each TP game you have would possibly have that setting checked. you would have to go to each game's exe and make sure same setting is not checked.

On 1/10/2024 at 6:03 PM, skizzosjt said:

why is the UAC prompt coming up in the first place? that only comes up when an executable is launched with admin privileges so sounds like you have it setup to always launch in admin mode then, so you should def change that! also just because you click yes (or no) it does not remember this like some saved setting, the prompt happens every time any executable is launched with admin privileges and that is expected behavior of the UAC prompt. which is why as frontend users we don't want to run stuff in admin mode if you want clean launches. don't be "that guy" and adjust UAC settings to never come up, it will likely bite you in the rear in the future when some program does something you didn't want it to because it could run with admin privileges unchecked

make sure this is not checked

image.thumb.png.667dabb293beca47675617147a091d04.png

that or each TP game you have would possibly have that setting checked. you would have to go to each game's exe and make sure same setting is not checked.

Yea, run as administrator was already unchecked for TP & the games. Still does it.

And I know it doesn't save settings, but I don't see why it shouldn't have that option. Pretty stupid IMO that you can't add a certain program to a list to stop getting that message & the only option being to remove warnings for everything