LaunchBox Community Forums

Help w/ importing a single MAME Rom???

Berndog13

DANG.  SOLVED!  When editing Retroarch in associated platforms, I unchecked “Extract ROMs”, unchecked “Autmatically download Retroarch core if missing”, and… here’s where I think I messed up for the past several hours… I had to select the box that said “Force using MAME metadata…” a few pages later.  Ugh!  Then I selected Import all clones (all selected ROM) and they work!

Original post:  

Hi.  Noob here.  I do not want a MAME full set.  I only want a few old school classics.  I downloaded a few of them in non-merged format  from MAME 2003-Plus collection.  After doing so, I have been able to  successfully play each directly in Retroarch using the Arcade (MAME 2003-Plus) core.

However, I am unable to figure out how to configure this Launchbox.  I tried “Import Rom Files”, select files or folder, select “Arcade” platform, choose Retroarch as emulator.  Didn’t work.  I edited Retroarch and selected Associated Platforms and selected “mame2003_plus_libretro”.  I tried selecting and deselecting various combinations of Default Emulator and Extract ROMs.  After finishing the process, nothing I do seems to work.

Hopefully what I’m doing wrong is very obvious to somebody here.  Please help!  I’ve done searches and most results are how to import a full set or people saying that the poster likely grabbed a merged file instead.  The fact that mine plays directly in Retroarch makes me feel like it’s a correct non-merged MEME Rom.  

Edited by Berndog13