LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Pause Screen Issues

Hanz

I am running Syncthing to duplicate my setup between two PC's on my network. On PC 1 everything works as intended. On PC 2 any time I attempt to go to the pause screen in Bigbox while in a MAME game I get a blank black screen. Any attempt to back out of this screen eventually leads to a not responding message and I have to restart the program. This only happens in MAME, all other emulators work as intended with the pause screen. The pause screen works as normal when launching from Launchbox. I have tried this with both default and PauseShift and got the same results. As far as I can tell this seems to be the only difference between my two setups.

Edited by Hanz
Clarified some details.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar issue.

On PC I have multiple monitors, the game run on the main monitor and when I pause, the pause screen appears on the 2nd monitor, full screen and blank, I then have to use task manager to exit. This happens with dos games, not tested others.

I also had an issue with the startup screen, where it covered the 2nd monitor and didn't disappear until I existed the game, because of this I turned off the startup screen.