LaunchBox Community Forums

Help a Noob? Spinner works in all games but one in MAME w/Big Box

Foggy58

Howdy, folks!    I've got an arcade machine and added an Ultimarc spinner recently.   The spinner is detected in all games through MAME with no issues.    After importing my games and opening with Big Box, I was able to get every game working with the spinner except for Arkanoid.  Which is strange because it works in MAME with the spinner but in Big Box it can't seem to detect it.     All other MAME games that take the spinner through Big Box (Kick, Arkanoid II, Tempest, etc) function perfectly.   But I can't get the original Arkanoid game to detect the spinner when running it through Big Box.  Any ideas?   Thanks in advance!

Oh jeez, spent the last few hours trying to figure it out and it was a noob mistake LOL.     The spinner worked in all games in MAME when I opened MAME directly.   The spinner worked in most games when opening through BigBox, but not Arkanoid.   I figured out that somehow when I was setting up BigBox/Launchbox I told it to use a different MAME executable icon in the MAME folder.   So it wasn't using the same MAME/settings that I was using when opening MAME only (because it was using a different version of MAME that didn't have my setting saved and it didn't have the mouse function settings the same).   Not sure why some worked and Arkanoid didn't, but now that I've got it pointed at the correct MAME exe it all works now.  WHEW.