LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I transfer it all to another drive and system?

LifetSavert911

So, I've had a forever license for a long time and I only ever barely tried out Launchbox. I finally decided to give it a real go. After spending literal days on setting it up, figuring stuff out, fixing issues, waiting forever for stuff to be copied, etc, I have finally got it set up to the point where I can now just add more games if I want and systems. I feel like I can figure out any future systems and games and how to get those going. Now, here's my main question. How do I get all the settings, artwork, saved games, etc. all to transfer to my handheld? I have an SD card plugged in and I've been making sure to match it with my main PC as far as folders, games, and emulators. I know the paths will change obviously but how do I get it to all be there for my handheld gaming PC? I have all my games in an organized folder on my desktop. I figured I can keep the games on the SD card and then copy all the settings, art, etc. followed by then just hopefully setting up the new paths. What do I do step by step?

Step 1) Copy

Step 2) Paste

that's it. don't over think it

2 hours ago, LifetSavert911 said:

I know the paths will change obviously but how do I get it to all be there for my handheld gaming PC?

then that means setting up paths again. keep everything the same if you want it to be a real simple copy and paste job. otherwise you have to spend time relinking all the paths that are broken. make it easy and use the same drive letter, and at the very least, same folder structure. if drive letter changes, anything not using a relative path will be broken and must be relinked. if you change the folder structure at all then basically everything falls apart and must be relinked.