LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox on 2 different HHD's

DaGamingFan

Hello all,

I have an older build with Launchbox C Drive.

I have a newer version now H Drive.

Can i just select import from the older version (C) and the newer version of Launchbox (H) will pick up all the details but keep the files on the C Drive.'

Or am i better moving the Launchbox folder from C to H drive?

If i move the Launchbox folder and all contents from C to H will i need to adjust the settings say within Teknoparrot also for each game?

Thanks 

Edited by DaGamingFan

1 hour ago, DaGamingFan said:

Can i just select import from the older version (C) and the newer version of Launchbox (H) will pick up all the details but keep the files on the C Drive.'

no, install "A" cannot control install "B"

Or am i better moving the Launchbox folder from C to H drive?

better to make a copy first instead of out right moving. rename the old folder to make sure the new folder works as intended (this makes sure the new folder isn't only working due to using paths that still call to the old folder). then once you're sure the new setup is OK, then you can nuke the old instance

If i move the Launchbox folder and all contents from C to H will i need to adjust the settings say within Teknoparrot also for each game?

anything that doesn't use relative paths will need to be relinked if using a new drive letter. TP uses absolute paths by default. you can edit them manually by opening the game's user profile XML and making the path relative. for ex..

<GamePath>..\..\ROMS\TeknoParrot\The House of the Dead 4\disk0\elf\hod4M.elf</GamePath>

if you had them setup like this, and assuming you keep same folder structure, the drive letter can change to anything and it continues to work. if you edit the paths from within TP's UI then it will continue to use absolute paths so if the folder ever moved again, the paths would again need to be updated.

• Like 1