LaunchBox Community Forums

Automatic Rom Scanning Bit Me.

ibleedspeed

So I didn't run Launchbox very much for a while and I wasnt aware of the Automatic Rom Scanning feature which is a completely awesome feature dont get me wrong, but I messed up a little. So what happened was I wanted to add Final Burn Neo to my collection, about 2000 roms, but I added them to my launchbox folder before creating a new platform just for final burn and when I launched Launchbox it auto scanned the roms under Mame... I was able to go ahead and creat the Final Burn Neo Platform under Arcade and rescan the roms, but now the roms are basically double scanned, so my actual game count is off by 2000. How would I go about fixing this and removing the final burn neo roms from Mame? 

11 hours ago, ibleedspeed said:

So I didn't run Launchbox very much for a while and I wasnt aware of the Automatic Rom Scanning feature which is a completely awesome feature dont get me wrong, but I messed up a little. So what happened was I wanted to add Final Burn Neo to my collection, about 2000 roms, but I added them to my launchbox folder before creating a new platform just for final burn and when I launched Launchbox it auto scanned the roms under Mame... I was able to go ahead and creat the Final Burn Neo Platform under Arcade and rescan the roms, but now the roms are basically double scanned, so my actual game count is off by 2000. How would I go about fixing this and removing the final burn neo roms from Mame? 

Do you remember which folder you added your games into within the LaunchBox\Games folder? By default, the system will not import any arcade based systems, so I'm curious how that happened for you.

If you have any backups saved under LaunchBox\Backups, it might be best for you to load one of those up using Tools > File Management > Restore Data Backup

On 5/7/2024 at 8:08 AM, faeran said:

Do you remember which folder you added your games into within the LaunchBox\Games folder? By default, the system will not import any arcade based systems, so I'm curious how that happened for you.

If you have any backups saved under LaunchBox\Backups, it might be best for you to load one of those up using Tools > File Management > Restore Data Backup

Honestly I have no idea how it did that but it did. The Final Burn Neo Roms were in a folder called Final Burn Neo, not the Arcade folder, so I guess that would be why. Anyways, I solved it by throwing everything Mame in the garbage bin, I'll never play those games anyways, no point having it messing up the arcades I might actually play.