LaunchBox Community Forums

Sorting games in Bigbox by star rating?

djdaveoc22

Posted (edited)

Sorry in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong spot or if it's already answered somewhere else.  I know this has been asked in the past, but I can't find anything current about it...

Is there a way to have BigBox sort games in each system/platform by star rating?  Meaning the best games (as voted by the public/community) will automatically display first in each platform instead of the games displaying alphabetically?  I know this can be done in LaunchBox by going to View, Arrange by, and Star Rating.  If there is not just some option I can enable in BigBox to make this happen, is there a theme that can do it?  If so, which one, and what options need to be changed to make it happen?  My preference for how the games would be sorted in each platform/system is by highest star rating to lowest and hopefully, as others have mentioned in other posts here, the system could take into account decimals in the ratings.  So if a game's average rating is 4.3 it would be displayed after the super-awesome game with the 4.9 rating etc.  And it doesn't need to show which games are over 4-stars, which are over 3 etc.  It just simply shows games in order from best to worst.  If there's no easy way to do this in BigBox I'm going to be really bummed.  This seems like such a huge and important feature to me.  I have over 2,000 Mame games for example after filtering out the junk and I can't imagine scrolling through all those to find the best games.  I'm also not going to have a keyboard and mouse so no easy typing etc. for searching.

I don't want to have to favorite games or spend a lot of time making playlists or other possible options.  This should be a default feature in the program.  I'm hoping it is and I just can't find it.

Edited by djdaveoc22

• 2 months later...