LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroachievements scanning & game mastery

I want to have a list of all the games I've masted (gotten all retroachievements for a game) in LB. I created a smartplaylist with the following criteria to auto-populate the PL:

Field: RetroAcievements
Comparison: All Earned
Value: Unused

It picks up some games (21) immediately but misses the majority (~65). If I select one of those ~65 games in LB just to load the metadata and then return to the smartplaylist I will see the playlist update and display it. The game is correctly identified as having RAs, but why are some games being scanned and automatically added while others need to be manually selected in order to be automatically added?

Posted (edited)

Yes, but that doesn't find the missing entries; the smart playlist will only recognize a few mastered games automatically, the rest I have to manually select in the all games view and let the metadata load, then selecting the mastered games smart playlist and it will update and display correctly. Scanning all games for achievements will actually remove the manually selected games, it's as if some data about the achievements is missing or doesn't get pulled during the scan, but the local achievement metadata, when loaded, will fill it in?

This specifically is a very minor issue for me and can live without this playlist, but I wonder why it's happening and if my other smart playlists are missing entries as well.

edit: clarifications and additional info

Edited by AutomaticMidnite

Here's a screen video, it's a little janky but you'll see me display the Mastered games playlist with 21 entries. I then select Castlevania and Castlevania 3 from all games so that their metadata loads, return to the Mastered games playlist, and after clearing the search and reselecting the playlist you'll see those two games added and count incremented to 23. I then rescan for achievements and reselecting the playlist drops the count back to 21.

https://youtu.be/VDKm5eKLIHI

Believe I have found the reason and am looking into ways to correct. Essentially, we are using your a summary call from RetroAchievements to get all your achievement progress. Seems you may have more (or you achieved those achievements long enough ago) that they don't actually appear in that summary call. There are some new endpoints I can leverage to get a more complete "completion" state from and so I may need to look into changing the call to use those. There isn't a great work around at this point other then selecting the games manually and NOT scanning after.

1 hour ago, AutomaticMidnite said:

Thanks for investigating! Let me know if there's any data on my end that can be helpful.

Shouldn't be required. I did get the code changes in. Believe they'll make it into the next beta release. If I remember I'll ping ya and have ya confirm you see it corrected.

Posted (edited)

Latest beta works wonderfully, all of the missing games were scanned and found. Thanks so much for the fix!

The only remaining issue I have with Retroachievements integration is that the scanner will no longer consider a game mastered if a game has been previously mastered AND has had an achievement revision since mastery. There could be discussion whether the game is still considered mastered, as there are new RAs to collect, however the site keeps the mastery listed.

As an example: https://retroachievements.org/game/24371 it was just revised, I had mastered it last year, and when scanning now it is excluded from the rest of the mastered games collected in the smart playlist described in my first post.

image.png.9432e991bd1043c53def5df5a050124e.png

Let me know if I should file a formal bug report or something other than posting here!

Edited by AutomaticMidnite