LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with OBS Safe Mode warning

I have OBS set up in Launchbox integrations options to start when a game starts. This works fine, and upon exiting a game I can see OBS running in the system tray. 

The issue I'm having is that if I don't exit out of/close OBS manually and shutdown my PC, the next time I start up my PC, start Launchbox, and run a game, I get a SAFE MODE popup window saying "OBS did not shut down properly", and asking if I want to Run Normally or Run in Safe Mode.  It's definitely pulls you out of the seamlessness of the way the rest of Launchbox functions. 

After some searching, I've found that this SAFE MODE popup can be avoided in the same situation if you add the command line argument "--disable-shutdown-check" to a shortcut for OBS, and run it from the shortcut. I open OBS with the shortcut, shutdown my PC without closing OBS, start my PC, run OBS, and voila.. the SAFE MODE popup is gone. 

I was thinking ok, now that I figured this out I will go into the Launchbox options for OBS and change the target of the launch "OBS Studio executable path" to the shortcut. But it appears you can only select the .exe, so that won't work. 

It seems the only way to prevent this is to manually close out of OBS, or to manually launch OBS from the shortcut, which kind of defeats the LB integration. This would be the only program I have to close manually before shutting down my computer in order to avoid an error message during normal operation.  Is there a way to prevent the OBS Safe Mode message from popping up without having to close out of OBS manually? 

• 2 months later...