LaunchBox Community Forums

Critical error

Bought a 16tb launch box HD has big box and LB on the drive as the front end. 

I'm getting critical error when trying to load them and a code at the bottom something like XXXXX I don't have the drive installed at the moment to fully check.

The LB software is registered to the owner of the drive. But it does say on the box it came with if it gets blocked buy your own.

I've seen on here that critical error usually means is blocked and I need to register my own copy.

I paid £400 for the drive that does work but not the front end.

I've noticed there is an XML file related to LB with the owners code and name. 

Some have suggested on here buy your own and replace the passkey in the XML with your own code?

If I was to do this is it just as simple as that? I don't want to mess up the LB software on the setup he's done on the drive if I have to do a new install of LB.

Any help would be appreciated 

Do not edit the License.xaml. LB can detect it has been altered. Once you buy your legitimate license from LB open your \Launchbox folder and remove the License.xaml that came from the rom seller's build. Then drop the License.xaml that gets sent to you in the email from our team in the same \Launchbox folder. Make sure LB is closed when you do this. That is all you need to do. 

Just a heads up we do not troubleshoot builds from rom sellers in our forum so if you have issues with it you may find little to no help here. For one, those sellers are not looked at highly here and second, trying to troubleshoot something you did not set up can be a bit of a chore as we have no idea what that seller may have done in the build.