LaunchBox Community Forums

on screen keyboard popup

Hi legends,

I recently changed my arcade Jpac pattern to Xbox controllers. Since then I am having these popups while pressing start button or LT RT while I'm playing my arcade games.

Im running my launchbox/ big box on PC windows 11. I've tried to disable gamebar!? But it keeps happening really frustrating.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

PXL_20240712_083140724.jpg

PXL_20240712_082302635.jpg

this is STEAM'S on screen keyboard. the Game Bar doesn't come into play here. this should by default get triggered by holding down the Guide button then pushing the View button, or by holding down the Guide button and then pushing the X button. You must have stuff remapped in a funny way because Start and the triggers have nothing to do with this. It is part of the "Guide Button Chords" system of Steam. Press the B button to hide the on screen keyboard

image.thumb.png.6563a8aae942f50dbf85be779b88b561.png

image.thumb.png.d6f5f5589e2de4fe72f5ceccfd62042c.png

edit: another workaround is to not have Steam running. if Steam isn't running, their on screen keyboard can't pop up!

Edited by skizzosjt