LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing images in Big Box

Hi all, 

I'm trying to troubleshoot images not showing up in Big Box. I'm currently running version 13.15, with the default theme. You can see from the attache picture that there is a frame that I'm assuming should be populated, presumably with box art. During set-up I downloaded everything I could from Launchbox and from Emumovies. 

Does any have any tips? Any idea what image should be shown inside that frame? I could then double check that the correct images are in the correct place. Any other advice is appreciated. 

IMG_4898.png

Most likely that is a [would-be] Box Front image.  But Arcade machines weren't purchased in decorative boxes like you'd find for consoles.  Does 'that image' show something in your other platforms?

16 minutes ago, scottishdad said:

Does any have any tips? Any idea what image should be shown inside that frame?

Most (well, maybe a lot of) people will use Advertisement Flyers for Arcade "Box Front" images.

In LaunchBox, after downloading Flyers for your Arcade platform, be sure that in Tools - Options - Box Front Priorities, Advertisement Flyer-Front is checked.

Then in BigBox, you may need to go to System Memu - Images - Refresh Image Cache (something like that) to ... well, refresh the image cache.

Thanks for the quick response! That didn't quite fix the problem, but it did give me an idea. With a bit more playing about, it seems that the panel that was being left blank was meant for a marquee image - this is why nothing was showing when it was a console game (except in a few cases where some kind of marquee must have been scraped). Setting this to show box art as second priority to marquees fixed the issue isn most cases. 

After a bit more playing, it looks like under images - game image type, this was set to marquee. Setting this to boxes cleaned up any other image problems across the system. I think that this second option may have fixed everything without having to play around with the priorities, but everything is working now, so I'll leaving it as is. 

Thanks again. 

• Game On 1