LaunchBox Community Forums

Combining game versions loses access to custom command-line parameters for emulators

When I combine 2 versions of a game I lose access to change the per additional rom command line parameters.

e.g. Dragon's Lair has multiple roms that use the same video files. Or Esh's Arunmilla has multiple languages. Or ActionMax games can use mouse or sinden.

I add each game version as an individual game.

image.thumb.png.a6a6271c401cf231352ff09d0057687f.png

If I set these additional parameters (per game) it works as expected.

When I combine the games it ignores these parameters, the option for command line parameters is also greyed out.

image.thumb.png.84ee7b4b670f96a40b13bd4fd6b22143.png

When I split the game back to multiple versions the parameters are there and it works fine again.

4 hours ago, azazel_1125 said:

When I combine 2 versions of a game I lose access to change the per additional rom command line parameters.

One option might be to modify the bat file and add the command line to start the Hypseus emulator with those parameters (and then whatever the batch file does) and un-check Use Emulator.  Essentially making the bat file the full-meal-deal 'emulator'.

Thanks, but this is what I currently do to work around this issue. This is clunky at best.

Now that the new command line parameters have been added to facilitate this, I thought I would switch.

Just reporting what I think isn't working as expected.