LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't update official dolphin plugin

Go to solution Solved by C-Beats,

Every time I launch my brand new install of Launchbox, I'm greeted with a notification that an update is available for one of my plugins. It's the dolphin plugin, update from 1.0 to 1.2. I hit update, it downloads, tells me i need to restart launchbox, it does that automatically, then comes up and tells me that I have an update pending... Ad infinitum.

As far as I can tell, the dolphin plugin is also just completely non-functional. When I import gamecube roms, it doesn't give me an option to automatically set up dolphin.

• Solution
10 minutes ago, hamberglar said:

Every time I launch my brand new install of Launchbox, I'm greeted with a notification that an update is available for one of my plugins. It's the dolphin plugin, update from 1.0 to 1.2. I hit update, it downloads, tells me i need to restart launchbox, it does that automatically, then comes up and tells me that I have an update pending... Ad infinitum.

As far as I can tell, the dolphin plugin is also just completely non-functional. When I import gamecube roms, it doesn't give me an option to automatically set up dolphin.

Right click the folder after LaunchBox is opened and open it's properties. Make sure that "Read-Only" box is white (unchecked) and try again. We've been seeing issues on some users end where that folder is getting locked up for some reason and not letting us update the files correctly.

34 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Right click the folder after LaunchBox is opened and open it's properties. Make sure that "Read-Only" box is white (unchecked) and try again. We've been seeing issues on some users end where that folder is getting locked up for some reason and not letting us update the files correctly.

This did the trick. Thanks!

• Game On 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2024 at 7:39 AM, C-Beats said:

I'm having the same issue with the Dolphin plugin, which folder specifically do I need to make sure is not read-only? My installation is on an external SSD if that makes any difference