LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Playlist πŸ“„ Party Time! πŸ₯³ + Steam Key Giveaway

AstroBob

This is an easier question than the "best games of all time" thread!Β  Some favorites off the top of my head:

• Stunt Car Racer (Amiga) - Multiplayer via a null modem cable!
  • Doom - My first exposure to true LAN gaming.
  • Jackbox Games - Just like the above, the first one felt revolutionary.
  • Guitar Hero and Rock Band - Still miss the genre!
  • Mario Kart - Obviously.

- Mario Party 9

The party game we had back in the day and it was played a lot. I remember me and my sister always trying to beat our records.

- Jackbox Party Pack (3)

I mean they're all awesome and always fun. You gotta point is my favorite.

- That's YouΒ 

I got this for free with another game and this got more action than the game I bought. Making assumptions about friends can be a lot of fun.

- Far Cry 3 Multiplayer

I used to play this with my best friend over and over back in the day. It was super fun.

- Pokemon (Pearl)

Battling friends with different teams or restrictions is such a fun time. Or mini tournament.

This got me thinking about some really nostalgic times I haven't thought of in a long time.

• Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001 GCN) - I've met entire communities from SSBM & it's given me so many social opportunitiesΒ over the years.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012 Xbox 360) - I'll never forget sweeping the floor with my friends with a Ballista in a quick-scope 1v1 on Nuketown 2025.
  • Golf With Your Friends (2016 Windows) - A recent go-to for late nights online with friends we rarely see.
  • Mario Party 2 (2000 N64) - The only mario party game I can really sit and enjoy for the entire game, MP2 is HILARIOUS.
  • Jackbox Party Pack 3 (2016 Windows) - Tee KO mightΒ be the funniest game ever created, I've never laughed so much while playing a game.

proxy-image.thumb.jpg.ad421d85a7c22a781dc89cfff608b76c.jpgΒ proxy-imaafage.thumb.jpg.3d3ddfcd08844f8bb120bd79d6938ffa.jpgΒ proxy-afimage.thumb.jpg.048f1cc7d05db770a707b4809e9153f9.jpgΒ proxefgseay-image.thumb.jpg.cea3488f299e8de9ce55bbad6b00db53.jpgΒ proxy-imageawefaw.thumb.jpg.283e093c1108d5ebf7e17200de2c4270.jpg

Dragon Ball Budokai series - obviously a great game to just get some Arcade fighting in, hopefully Sparking Zero is just as good!

League of Legends - Oh boy, how many hours I have spent!Β 

Mario games in general, I think this one is self explanatory

(sorry to be more broad, but, Nintendo games in general are usually based around playing with others. I think one of the best examples is Wii Sports. The gimme of a game that everyone with a Wii had, hold some of the best time with friends.)

And who could forget Guitar Hero.... Who doesnt want to be apart of a band with the homies!

Some of the best time I've had with friends was with these following games

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)

Halo 2 (Microsoft Xbox)

Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)

Red Alert 2 (PC)

Tony Hawk's Underground (Playstation 2)

My favourite (retro) games to play with mates:

Championship Manager / Football ManagerΒ (PC) (although waiting for your turn could get annoying)

Mario Kart 64 / GoldenEye (N64)

Stunt Car Racer (Atari ST)Β (first LAN experience - still remember struggling to get my monitor + ST to mate's house, played in same room back to backΒ πŸ˜‚)

Wii Sports (Wii)

Sensible Soccer (Amiga)

Β 

• Mario Kart 64 - My brother always beat me on all modes, but I still have so many pleasant memories of the game
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy - I loved to see my friend's faces when I pulled off a fatality on them lol
  • CS (Counter-Strike) - Just old brainless fun
  • Bomberman Generation - The best multiplayer of the series by a wide margin
  • GoldenEye 007 - My first console FPS and it had an awesome couch multiplayer experience

Jackbox Party Pack Series: Great for big groups of friends with a good sense of humor πŸ˜‚ (3 is superior)
Overcooked! All you can eat: This game will have you yelling at your friends within seconds, perfect game to break friendships and ruin lives... WHERE ARE THE BURGER BUNS!!! WE NEED THE BUNS 😭
Wii Play: Really chill fun casual play with family or friends
Mario Party 7: All time classic
Pico Park: Another game to make you hate your friends πŸ˜‰

All The Jackbox Party Pack GamesOvercooked! All You Can Eat (Video Game 2020) - IMDbWii Playβ„’ (2006)Mario Party 7 - WikipediaPICO PARK (video game, 2D platformer, puzzle platformer, side scroller)  reviews & ratings - Glitchwave