LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet đź‘‘ DAY 1

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 1  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game you’d like to see advance to the next round!

• Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
    • Castlevania Advance Collection
    • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
    • Contra Anniversary Collection
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection

Donkey Kong Country Collection

A complete collection with all the games from the Donkey Kong franchise would be awesome, but at least I'd like to see these games in a collection:

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Bonus: Online Co-op play for all games (when applicable)

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of the Atelier series and I'm currently playing through the series. Just finished Atelier Marie Remake last week and loved it but it sucks that out of the 25 main-line Atelier games, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are the only ones left untranslated. They've released deluxe remasters of many of the later games in the series as collections and these untranslated 4 games would be a DREAM to have.

A collection per each area / storyline makes a lot of sense for these games. Like a Salburg collection & a Gramnad collection.

A2_JP_Boxart.thumb.jpg.d2d5659aeaa14ee05ac321d192e21021.jpgA3_JP_Boxart.jpg.ebe4e6785db57782f10d94e452dc808b.jpgA4_JP_Boxart.thumb.jpg.d45f91fd1d395bc081f3176866a5a349.jpgA5_JP_Boxart.thumb.jpg.0f152d43ca99ca7915e6ac623ae93ec8.jpg

Edited by crimsonbelvedere

Had to think what I really would like to see.... Of course all with network play, and artwork gallery...

Bloody Roar Collection

Bloody Roar (PS1) 
Bloody Roar 2 (PS1)
Bloody Roar 3 (PS2)
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (XBOX since it has Fang unlocked)
Bloody Roar 4 (PS2)

I just find it a fun series. Love the fighting, combos, and the game play.  Just always my favorite pick up game. Just would love to see a new game or a collection. But I'm sure we will never get to see it again.

Bloody_Roar_logo.png

Edited by kurst

This one is super easy:

I want ALL the Ratchet and Clank games, with modern LEGIT remasters (not just HD upscale) available on PC so I can take it on the go with the Legion Go/Steam Deck. 

I am honestly surprised we didnt get them off the PS3 still.

• Like 1

The .Hack// Collection is my preference although it may be a bit mediorce its a big memory of playing the first game in the series and grinding to the end, i never got to complete the other 3 in the quadrilogy and have managed to get them since, the downside of this reality however is they have already released the GU collection which was the sequel of games to the quadrilogy that was a trilogy of games, this has had a remaster on steam ps4 and xbox as well as switch but the first game has not.

If there should be a rule with remakes/remasters the originals should be priority over later games.

A great game collection should feature Quality of Life improvements seen in the Blizzard Arcade Collection, as well history exploration in such collection as the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection, as well as some hidden easter eggs and gems that unlock via finishing games and achievements. But most of all it should be completely cross-play and online multiplayer, which a lot sadly lack, but would be after all the branching offs of consoles, PCs and handhelds should unite all of us retro-adults and newcomers to get together and join in our shared memories with these games. Something that is for me very important also is taking screenshots and video recordings where you can jump back in the game and perhaps create alternative endings.

And finally my own personal contribution of ideas is to create some sort of old folder with a collection of your own videos, photos, notes etc. e.g. a video of your reaction of you receiving the game for xmas decades ago, e.g. a story you wrote in class about the game, or a personally touching story like this was dad's last christmas with us.

EDIT: Misunderstood the question slightly. Better Answer for me is: Region exclusive games with categories being the regions.

Edited by jacksonjack

Someone else already posted, but I'd also love an Ultima collection.  Including all the box goodies!  Ultima was a big part of growing my love for RPG's.  Spent many an hour playing them on the good old C64.