LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet ๐Ÿ‘‘ DAY 2

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 2ย ย 

96 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game youโ€™d like to see advance to the next round!

• Atari 50: The Anniversary Collection
    • Disney Classic Games Collection
    • SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics
    • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
    • Capcom Arcade Stadium 2nd

Being an Amiga kid I have to go with a Psygnosis collection.ย 

They developed and published some great games beyond Lemmings with stunning graphics and music for the time.ย 

Shadow of the Beast, Blood Money, Wipeout, Colony Wars, Agony, Armour-Geddon.

• Like 1

My vote goes for Technos. A big collection having the classics Double Dragon (the ones from consoles, because the Arcade ones already had their re-release) and the Kunio-Kun saga would be great.

6998272-kunio-kun-no-nekketsu-soccer-league-nes-front-cover.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

Sierra Entertainment

So many awesome games from the 80s-90s: King's Quest, Police Quest,ย Quest for Glory,ย Gabriel Knight,ย Phantasmagoria,ย Space Quest... just to name a few

A decent Rockstar Games Legacy Collection. All GTA's, including the portable/less famous ones, Bully, Red Dead Revolver, Redemption, without a need for a remake, just a good framerate and a little bit enhanced graphics and a good control adaptation for today's platforms.

images(1).thumb.jpeg.2e1aecad013b6ecd8b4b2d51ac644192.jpeg

images.thumb.jpeg.448fc3fe9e0f4f85d18781aa870e82ca.jpeg

2651.thumb.jpg.a05f7d004b554b9b2f3aef8210655af3.jpg

I Love the idea ofย CD PROJEKT RED. While I haven't played everything they've released just yet I'd like to see their older games get controller support. From what I've played I can tell they have a nack for GREAT storytelling and for me person while I love gaming tell me a great story with it and i'm hooked.

A collection of ZUN's Touhou games from his company Team Shanghai Alice would be unbelievable. Touhou is such a special series in that ZUN clearly had so much passion behind the first entries in the series but they were also clearly made by just a single person. To have the legacy like he does now and to be unable to play the first five games is just devastating. Its possible to play these games now through a PC-98 emulator but having these games rereleased nearly 30 years later on modern platforms is something ZUN truly deserves.ย 

1. Highly Responsive to Prayers (ๆฑๆ–น้ˆ็•ฐไผ, Tลhล Reiiden, lit. "Wondrous Tale", 1997)
  2. Story of Eastern Wonderland (ๆฑๆ–นๅฐ้ญ”้Œฒ, Tลhล Fลซmaroku, lit. "Demon-Sealing Record", 1997)
  3. Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream (ๆฑๆ–นๅคขๆ™‚็ฉบ, Tลhล Yumejikลซ, lit. "Dream Space-Time", 1997)
  4. Lotus Land Story (ๆฑๆ–นๅนปๆƒณ้ƒท, Tลhล Gensลkyล, lit. "Fantasy Land", 1998)
  5. Mystic Square (ๆฑๆ–นๆ€ช็ถบ่ซ‡, Tลhล Kaikidan, lit. "Bizarre Romantic Story", 1998)

Th01cover.thumb.jpg.80b8fe824715e0da179a702225bdcb01.jpgย Th02cover.thumb.jpg.ea1388ce37b3bff98e21d8f686047452.jpgย Th03cover.jpg.75852a8b95283def5bbb27fed522ae16.jpgย Th04cover.jpg.67059472c8e4499df5324ec953d07ae8.jpgย Th05cover.jpg.942e06e7c446ea120d35f3c3df261182.jpg

We were a Sega household (no Nintendo) and I definitely spent many an hour mastering;

• Shinobi
  • Wonderboy in Monsterland
  • Fantasy Zone II
  • Kenseiden

Exhausting!ย But my favourite company is easily:

ย Sierra Entertainment

I played so many of those games for so many hours.

ย 

Edited by jgoethals
to answer the question

Lots of great answers here, and I agree with much of what's been said, but one company that hasn't been mentioned yet is Infocom.ย  Those games were a different animal, of course, but the fact that brand new players would have the exact same experience today that they did decades ago (without the baggage or expectations of modern graphics) is amazing.