LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for best theme for ring icons

Typically the themes I've seen use these across various front ends tend to be Horizontal wheels. You could do it in Vertical as well, but typically without any curve to them. They look better to me personally when lined up. Typically you see them in horizontal where they can be larger and still actually show more games than traditional clear logos. In vertical they show less since you need to typically need to make them bigger to read and so their benefit diminishes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Typically the themes I've seen use these across various front ends tend to be Horizontal wheels. You could do it in Vertical as well, but typically without any curve to them. They look better to me personally when lined up. Typically you see them in horizontal where they can be larger and still actually show more games than traditional clear logos. In vertical they show less since you need to typically need to make them bigger to read and so their benefit diminishes.

Do you happen to know a theme like this as I looked at themes but because my Arcade was built they have 11 themes installed but I don't know which theme is running.

20240828_214235.jpg

We don't typically support bought builds since we have no way of knowing that they did, if you paid for support through the person that sold you the cab I'd utilize it by reaching out to them and figuring out what they did and why. That being said Themes/Views can be set in multiple places. Best place would be the Themes Manager (found in System Menu) or the Options menu. You can also bind keys to "Change Theme" and "Change View" to change either the theme or the view in use within that theme.

On 8/29/2024 at 4:39 PM, RumRaiderArcader said:

Hey just wondering what your thoughts were on the best theme for the round ring icons.

Picture for reference 

FB_IMG_1724844760387.jpg

Undoubtedly all my prods have been developed by highlighting the "icon" and that we are more and more numerous to use whether it is the zelda ultima or even my custom Nostalgic bedroom! I tested a lot of things and c-beat is not wrong the best positioning remains horizontal slightly apart they are well highlighted. Since then we can also put them at an angle via the ctc and imagine new positioning.

desktop_screenshot_2022_08_27___09_15_16_04_by_pademonium_dfc56r6-pre.thumb.jpg.ac567a94d6753a4b0e7d835ded982b4c.jpg

Whether it is for movies or old systems I have built quite huge sets over the years for movies or games and some of which I share on my deviant

jurassic_park_01_by_pademonium_di0go66-375w-2x.thumb.png.6e5098ebc5a9ab31828d863548a34ee1.pngbatman_by_pademonium_dgdt9a3-375w-2x.png.892640b429f310562788142447dfc3a6.pngsuikoden_iii_01_by_pademonium_dgbmzss-pre.thumb.png.030bebe9a258f030242c3766550ad60a.png

Other custom takes into account the circular relatively well, this is the case of:

neon arcade which for a long time had a completely adapted view which allowed us to make an interesting overlap between the 3d box and the icon or even

DesktopScreenshot2024_08.30-17_42_48_39.thumb.png.37b8a503d6fcdcef36ea6f4c2177f6b4.png

City Hunter also which was for a long time the custom that I used the most.

I find them much more demonstrative than a simple logo (my personal opinion) and they have a lot of advantages apart from the obvious aesthetic aspect, for example: If you have any doubts about the title? If you're in any doubt about the title, the vintage artwork will re-confirm what it is (nostalgia and memories also help) and then: Visually, for me, there's no photo/ and your eyes will thank you because you'll find your games more quickly and then the circular allows you to add relief to the image with the perspective to create a 3D effect and above all it can be customised at will (ring etc.)

unlike a ‘classics’ logo which is frozen, the icon is not!

dbsg3s4-fd3c8beb-936e-4ea4-b576-438849706a52.thumb.webp.e74e71b0c7a099eb7bf7fbb9270591b5.webp

Here 

Typically the kind of cool, stand-out effect that I love! 

I started my switchover 5 years ago and even if I have produced a lot I don't have my complete sets yet

but I can give you a good address for those who would like to do a little starter stuff :)

Pooterman :https://www.deviantart.com/pooterman

my deviant: https://www.deviantart.com/pademonium

Hatemtiger :https://www.deviantart.com/hatemtiger/gallery

resident_evil_2_by_pademonium_dfrsmwh-375w-2x.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, C-Beats said:

We don't typically support bought builds since we have no way of knowing that they did, if you paid for support through the person that sold you the cab I'd utilize it by reaching out to them and figuring out what they did and why. That being said Themes/Views can be set in multiple places. Best place would be the Themes Manager (found in System Menu) or the Options menu. You can also bind keys to "Change Theme" and "Change View" to change either the theme or the view in use within that theme.

Sorry I don't mean the build was bought just the arcade From EHA I figured out it's running Unified but doesn't look good with the Icons I have so I need a theme that works great with round ring icons I have checked out a few but still haven't found any that I am interested in I like the one Pademonium bac posted.