LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME current core Problem

Rainer

If I start in retroarch the core is working but as soon I want to launch with lunchbox on my android phone it installs some wrong core and doesn't start.

I need to update the core again that it can start game again in retroarch every time I tried it.

On 9/1/2024 at 4:38 AM, Rainer said:

If I start in retroarch the core is working but as soon I want to launch with lunchbox on my android phone it installs some wrong core and doesn't start.

I need to update the core again that it can start game again in retroarch every time I tried it.

I'd be curious to know what device you have and what version of RetroArch you are running. Both the actual version and the apk version (which apk you installed).

However, to answer your question, in RetroArch, Load Core, then enter into Information > Core Information, then scroll down until you see the option to Lock Installed Core. Once that's on, the core can't be altered.

11 hours ago, Rainer said:

Made the change in the settings and it still happens 

My device red magic 8

Retroarch 1.19.1

Since that's a RetroArch settings that's supposed to lock the core you are using, not much we can do on our side.

What you'll want to try is go directly to the RetroArch's website, download the x64 version of the app and install the apk and get the emulator set up the way you would like.

Inside of LaunchBox for Android, go into the platform's Emulator settings and switch to RetroArch 64-bit sideloaded version. This version specifically doesn't have any of the auto-core logic.

My best guess, without testing your specific device, is that the red magic 8 is not providing data about itself properly, so it's possible that we ask red magic 8 "hey tell us about your device so we know which core type to send", and it returns an incorrect value.

I have similar problem. I can get the rom to work using the updated core on my retroarch. The problem is it does not stay updated to the new core and uses the old core so I have to update everything every time I play. 

On 9/6/2024 at 3:48 AM, Rainer said:

Got the retroarch 64 APK version and it still got that problem 

Gonna stick to the mama2010 version because nothing seems to work right with the new core with lunchbox 

If you were to tell LaunchBox to utilize the 64-bit version, this version has no code in place to send a core to it, so I'm not sure where the breakdown i, but sounds more like you have a configuration issue inside of LaunchBox at this point.

On 9/6/2024 at 6:31 PM, sa210 said:

I have similar problem. I can get the rom to work using the updated core on my retroarch. The problem is it does not stay updated to the new core and uses the old core so I have to update everything every time I play. 

Our integration is designed to always utilize the latest stable release of both RetroArch and its cores.

If you are wanting to not use the stable release, but use something more custom, you'll want to use either the standalone 32-bit of 64-bit releases which does not utilize our automated RetroArch app/core download processes.