LaunchBox Community Forums

13.16 update - lost save states and screenshots

SuperFrogFX

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. :)

I have premium license for a while (8 years iirc) and I love all new updates, but last update seems to break my laptop and I've lost all save states and screenshots somehow. I upgraded my main gaming PC and appears that update did work just fine.

Wonder if anyone else had similar experience and if there was a way to restore lost data.

Thank yall!

Edited by SuperFrogFX

LB updates do not touch any media files or game import data. So it would not delete any of those. Also LB does not have anything to do with save states, that is an emulator specific file. There is a new feature to help manage launching game save states, but again updates do not touch actual files.  

Are the save states and screen shots stored in your \Launchbox folder structure or are both of those stored in emulator folders?

That was my experience on main computer, but as I've said, on laptop something did happen to remove save states. (I had about 50 save states of Metroid (NES) and probably close to that number of screenshots. Both of  installations were on 13.15 and Retro Arch was also up to date. (I try to keep stuff up to date)

On laptop I had only setup for 4 machines, 2 computers (C64 and ZX Spectrum) and 2 consoles (NES and SMS), while main gaming computer has more setups. I used Everything app to look for any save state files, but could not find any of them except brand new one system created because I started/closed the game.

I would suspect then something during the Retroarch update. Are your screenshots and save states normally located within the Retroach folder?

As mention LB does not touch any of those files when an update occurs.  It definitely would not touch save states since that is not even a function of the program.