LaunchBox Community Forums

Problems with Launchbox and FinalBurn Neo

ADavidPF
Go to solution Solved by JoeViking245,

Hi guys

I have a problem with the combination of the title. I try to explain my situation...

I have Final Burn Neo installed on Win 11. I have three folders CPS1, CPS2 & CPS3. I can Run the games in the emulator with normally, but when i want to setting in Launchbox I import roms as CPS1, with emulator Final Burn Neo and when I try to play it, launchbox says: 

DfxYUA.jpg

When I closed the error, the emulator load, but without rom.

I used the same three folders located in the same location (CPS1, CPS2, CPS3)

Has anyone had the same or similar problem? I have tried removing the quotation marks option, adding them, I have tried all the options that Launchbox offers me, but none of them have worked. Let's see if someone can help...
Thank you very much and best regards

Edited by ADavidPF
Change colors of the letters

• Solution
10 hours ago, ADavidPF said:

I have Final Burn Neo installed on Win 11. I have three folders CPS1, CPS2 & CPS3. I can Run the games in the emulator with normally, but when i want to setting in Launchbox I import roms as CPS1, with emulator Final Burn Neo and when I try to play it, launchbox says: 

That error message is from FinalBurn Neo. Not LaunchBox.

The emulator needs to know where your ROMs are located.  I encountered an issue when I set the path(s) [in the emulator] then closed it, they weren't being saved.  So be sure to click Save settings (step 4). 

• Open FinalBurn Neo
  • Go to Misc < Configure ROM Paths...
  • Add the path(s) to where your ROMs are located
    • Let it finish scanning
  • Go to Misc
    • Click Save settings to .ini now
  • Close the emulator

• In LaunchBox, edit your FinalBurn Neo emulator
  • Check the box
    • Remove file extension and folder path
  • UN-CHECK the boxes
    • Remove Quotes (quotes are needed if using ROMS that have spaces in the filename)
    • Extract ROM archives before running
  • Click OK to save and close

• Play games

Hello friend... thanks for answering... you are right and you have given me the key to the problem... although I never thought that the problem was caused by launchbox in particular, I did think that it could be a bad configuration on my part, but I never considered that the problem could be in the emulator, basically because others do not need to know where the roms are, but FinalBurn Neo does... I corrected that and it started working... thank you very much for the help...

• Game On 1