LaunchBox Community Forums

Relative paths for saves/states not working with Launchbox

breakspirit

I have RetroArch configured to use relative paths for my saves and states, like this savefile_directory = "..\..\Saves and States\RetroArch\Saves"

This actual path ends up being "D:\Sync-Emulation\Saves and States\RetroArch\Saves" and this works fine in RetroArch.

When I select a game in Launchbox that uses RetroArch, I am seeing a folder get created at "D:\Saves and States\RetroArch\Saves" which is erroneous.  Notice it is a directory too high in the hierarchy.  Best I can figure, this is happening because of the relative path.  My Launchbox is at "D:\Sync-Emulation\LaunchBox".  Two directories up from that ends up being the root of D drive and it seems to be creating those save folders there.  I think it is referencing my relative paths from Launchbox folder and not RetroArch.

Is that correct that this is what's happening and is there a solution to this?  I figure a workaround in my case would be to nest my Launchbox install a folder deeper but that's not a great fix.  Let me know if I'm missing something stupid please.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, breakspirit said:

I have RetroArch configured to use relative paths for my saves and states, like this savefile_directory = "..\..\Saves and States\RetroArch\Saves"

This actual path ends up being "D:\Sync-Emulation\Saves and States\RetroArch\Saves" and this works fine in RetroArch.

When I select a game in Launchbox that uses RetroArch, I am seeing a folder get created at "D:\Saves and States\RetroArch\Saves" which is erroneous.  Notice it is a directory too high in the hierarchy.  Best I can figure, this is happening because of the relative path.  My Launchbox is at "D:\Sync-Emulation\LaunchBox".  Two directories up from that ends up being the root of D drive and it seems to be creating those save folders there.  I think it is referencing my relative paths from Launchbox folder and not RetroArch.

Is that correct that this is what's happening and is there a solution to this?  I figure a workaround in my case would be to nest my Launchbox install a folder deeper but that's not a great fix.  Let me know if I'm missing something stupid please.  Thanks!

I'm not 100% certain, but it's likely caused by the way we are parsing the RetroArch config file to determine your save file location. We will look into this and see if there's anything we can do here for a future update.