Reentry Posted September 19 Posted September 19 I keep reading that is does follow the instructions in mame.ini but what I am seeing is that it does not. The reason I say this is because mame launched roms have filtering enabled, LB does not. I'm not certain if other settings are ignored or changed. Filtering is just the obvious one. Quote
Solution JoeViking245 Posted September 19 Solution Posted September 19 3 minutes ago, Reentry said: I keep reading that is does follow the instructions in mame.ini but what I am seeing is that it does not. The reason I say this is because mame launched roms have filtering enabled, LB does not. I'm not certain if other settings are ignored or changed. Filtering is just the obvious one. LaunchBox does not look at nor touch mame.ini. It only passes command line parameters to MAME which override ini settings per MAME's order of presedence. e.g. if you look at the parameters LB uses, one of the default ones it adds is -nofilter. Which of course, you can remove. Quote
Reentry Posted September 19 Author Posted September 19 So, if I change a .ini setting it will still apply unless a command line parameter overrides it? Quote
JoeViking245 Posted September 20 Posted September 20 11 minutes ago, Reentry said: So, if I change a .ini setting it will still apply unless a command line parameter overrides it? Depends on which ini file. And yes, command line arguments take precedence over all else. "The command line is parsed first, and any settings passed that way will take precedence over anything in an INI file." MAME's order of precedence. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.