Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm having a very specific issue launching TAP files through Retroarch with multiple titles. All the documentation says to create an M3U like any other format. But I consistently get the same issue. I've tried many variations of autostart, warp on/off.

In this specific example, I'm trying to load the second title on the tape (program one is "Monty on the Run" Program 2 is "Bounder".) If I run an M3U with file.tap:bounder (or file.tap:bounder:,1,1)  I get garbled text (See attachment 1)

SEARCHING FOR BOUNDER
FOUNDER MONTY ON THE RUN
FOUND <SPECIAL CHARACTERS>

-----BUT-----

If I reset the machine and let it autostart a second time. It finds the title (See Attachment 2)

SEARCHING FOR BOUNDER
FOUNDER MONTY ON THE RUN
FOUND BOUNDER

Any idea why autostart would fail but if I reset the system, it works on the second go? I don't really want to F1->Reset every time I want to play the game.

NOTE 1 The game loads just fine if I load it directly in VICE64 instead of the Retroarch Core, but sadly I can't see what commands its sending.
NOTE 2 I did use the approrpriate (seemingly random) capital letters to look for the exact ASCII garbage from the initial load, but that did not work

Any help is welcome. 
 

Zzap! Sizzlers II_ Star Games-13.png

Zzap! Sizzlers II_ Star Games-14.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...