LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox PlatformCategoryPlaylist Selector 0.9.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

A plugin for BigBox that makes it possible to have a playlist/platform carousel inside any game view/theme via simple .xaml edit of any game view. With this plugin you no longer have to leave the game view as you can select every playlist/platform from there!

Installation:

Globally: Put the BigBoxPCPSelector.dll file into Launchbox/Plugins folder.

Per Theme: Put the BigBoxPCPSelector.dll file into Theme's Plugin folder.

Theme's Game View files: Edit WallView/TextGame/HorizontalGame View's files by adding the plugin to the user control

<UserControl Name="Canvas" ClipToBounds="True" xmlns:PD="clr-namespace:BigBoxPCPSelector.View;assembly=BigBoxPCPSelector" .... />

and after that add the Platform Selector somwhere between the <Canvas> tags as below. These are currently the values you have to give the plugin to work. (Stuff like Position adjustment will be added soon)

<PD:PlatformSelector Panel.ZIndex="900"
            ItemFontSize="20" 
            ItemFontWeight="Normal" 
            ItemForegroundBrush="White"
            ItemBackgroundBrush="Transparent"
            SelectedFontSize="30" 
            SelectedFontWeight="ExtraBold" 
            SelectedForegroundBrush="Black"
            SelectedBackgroundBrush="Transparent"/>

Controls:

Esc: Activate Plugin Wheel

Left/Right: Move carousel index

Up: Switch between playlists and platforms

Down: Deactivate Plugin Wheel

Esc 2x: Escape Menu like default

Enter: Confirm Playlist/Platform selection

Contribute:

Feel free to improve the plugin at https://github.com/Benuno/BigBoxPCPSelector! Any support is appreciated :).

Thanks to @Fry for the help/initial code structure!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Pretty cool plugin! A bit surprised it's not used more. Would it be possible to attribute some other keys to activate the wheel. Escape is a bit confusing and if the wheel is visible on the top or bottom anyway it makes sense to be able to access it by using the up or down key.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:16 PM, banggun said:

Pretty cool plugin! A bit surprised it's not used more. Would it be possible to attribute some other keys to activate the wheel. Escape is a bit confusing and if the wheel is visible on the top or bottom anyway it makes sense to be able to access it by using the up or down key.

Would really like to make that possible but we are limited concerning the access of the view's state so if we rebind those buttons this way  you can't use the wall view for example with the up and down arrow keys. We can only access directions, enter and escape key and therefore the escape key is the activator for the wheel.

Edited by Benuno

I can´t get it to work. I have no basic knowledge about working with the xaml-files which is a problem. I´m using the latest beta with the Default theme (copy) and have placed the dll in the appropriate folders per the instructions. But when i am editing "Wall4GamesView.xaml" i don´t know where to put the diffent lines from the instructions. I added the usercontrol line to the very top:

<UserControl Name="Canvas" ClipToBounds="True" xmlns:PD="clr-namespace:BigBoxPCPSelector.View;assembly=BigBoxPCPSelector" .... /

But the other lines i don´t know where to put:

<PD:PlatformSelector Panel.ZIndex="900"
            ItemFontSize="20" 
            ItemFontWeight="Normal" 
            ItemForegroundBrush="White"
            ItemBackgroundBrush="Transparent"
            SelectedFontSize="30" 
            SelectedFontWeight="ExtraBold" 
            SelectedForegroundBrush="Black"
            SelectedBackgroundBrush="Transparent"/>

Could somebody help a complete novice out?

The description and video of the plugin logs great and i for one think it should be in the main program by default.

Edited by magsol76