LaunchBox Community Forums

Konami | MAME Controller Exclusive Button Layout Images & Pre Mapped Config Files | NVRAM Fixes & Enhancements, Free Play, Unlocks 1.0.0 1.0.0

(1 review)

13 Screenshots

About This File

Konami. The largest slice of MAME next to Sega. Took ages to do. There are sooo many games that needed multiplayer setup correctly for max players. Lots of games with different names for EU and US. Aaaaaand rhythm games.......out the ass, these were the biggest pain as they don't really translate to a controller very well. Done my best with these and think I've done a good job considering.  Oh yeah, a lot more multiscreen games than I was expecting, X-Men is 6 players across 2 screens, awesome.

The above images are only a sample of the whole set.

As usual all analog controls are set correctly, or not at all if needed.

In a nutshell, I'm tooth picking my way through MAME platform by platform, and pre configuring the controls for all arcade games. Also identifying the best version and setting up multiple versions of the same game where needed.

You know the pain of weird awkward auto control mapping and fumbling around trying to figure what is going on. I have done that for you!
These remaps have been done exclusively for controllers. No keyboard inputs at all and all non essential inputs completely removed. Only what is necessary has been mapped.
Also, I have provided button layout images so you know exactly what the buttons are for every game!

I haven't just set whatever, every control has been tested, scrutinised and re-tested before actually making a definitive decision. I believe I have everything mapped to be as intuitive as possible.
Menu control in arcade games can be unintuitive when using a controller. These remaps have been made to make menu-ing intuitive and easy.
NOTE: If the left stick doesn't work in menus, the D-Pad will.

The per game .cfg remap files are idiot proof. Every input is accounted for and set, so your main .cfg wont auto assign any inputs.

Everything has been done on a 1G1R basis with parents taking priority.
However, as stated above this was for some games, not appropriate. Multiple versions have been configured for choice for these titles.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download Remap files and place these in the cfg folder of MAME.
Download NVRAM files and place in nvram folder of MAME.
Download Button Layout Images so you know what the controls are.
PLAY!!!

Below is a table of everything that has been done game by game. I have noted everything of importance for the end user experience.
Developer intended cheats are also listed below.

88 Games
88games
Parent of 'kinami88'. Different Region Different Name

Controls:
-Everything was straight forward. A few inputs moved for better control.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Ajax
ajax
Parent of 'typhoon'. Different Region Different Name

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Aliens
aliens
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Amidar
amidar
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Anime Champ
animechmp
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Asterix
asterix
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
-Sound set to Stereo. Mono is default
-Continuation Limit Off
Battlantis
battlnts
Multiplayer Info:
-2 Players alternating. The Cabinet Type needed changing to dual. This allows 2 players to use a controller each rather than having to share.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
beatmania
bm1stmix
Controls:
-Mapped so the drum layout is also left to right on the controller. Spent a while figuring out the best way to play this one.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania 2nd MIX
bm2ndmix
Controls:
-Mapped so the drum layout is also left to right on the controller. Spent a while figuring out the best way to play this one.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania 3rd MIX
bm3rdmix
bm3rdeaa
Game has a Japanese Parent and an English Clone.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania 4th MIX
bm4thmix
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Secret Course is ON
-Free Play set
beatmania 5th MIX
bm5thmix
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania 6th MIX
bm6thmix
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania 7th MIX
bm7thmix
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania Club MIX
bmclubmx
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania complete MIX
bmcompmx
bmcmxaac
Game has a Japanese Parent and an English Clone.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania complete MIX 2
bmcompm2
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania CORE REMIX
bmcorerm
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania featuring Dreams Come True
bmdct
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX 2nd Style
bmiidx2
Man, these updated versions took ages to figure out. So, the OG hardware had effect sliders that you could use to modify the sound of your beats as you play. This was just for fun and show offs and has no impact on score (I don't think). There a 5 analog sliders in total, which is too many to fit to a standard controller, even with fanangaling. So, as these are not really required for gameplay I haven't mapped them, and removed the effects On/Off Button so it can't be accidentially used. I hate these games by the way.

Video:
-Lamps are off, however, this game has a 16:9 presentation without them. 16:9 has been set.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX 3rd Style
bmiidx3
Man, these updated versions took ages to figure out. So, the OG hardware had effect sliders that you could use to modify the sound of your beats as you play. This was just for fun and show offs and has no impact on score (I don't think). There a 5 analog sliders in total, which is too many to fit to a standard controller, even with fanangaling. So, as these are not really required for gameplay I haven't mapped them, and removed the effects On/Off Button so it can't be accidentally used. I hate these games by the way.

Video:
-Lamps are off, however, this game has a 16:9 presentation without them. 16:9 has been set.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX 4th Style
bmiidx4
Man, these updated versions took ages to figure out. So, the OG hardware had effect sliders that you could use to modify the sound of your beats as you play. This was just for fun and show offs and has no impact on score (I don't think). There a 5 analog sliders in total, which is too many to fit to a standard controller, even with fanangaling. So, as these are not really required for gameplay I haven't mapped them, and removed the effects On/Off Button so it can't be accidentally used. I hate these games by the way.

Video:
beatmania IIDX 5th Style
bmiidx5

Video:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX 6th Style
bmiidx6

Video:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX 7th Style
bmiidx7

Video:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX 8th Style
bmiidx8

Video:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX Substream
bmiidxs

Video:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
beatmania IIDX Substream with DDR 2nd Club Version 2 Not using or configuring. Both of these games are already repesented. Normally I would do these compilation cabs but the CHD is large and you have to switch between them in test menu.
Beatmania III
bm3
Man, these updated versions took ages to figure out. So, the OG hardware had effect sliders that you could use to modify the sound of your beats as you play. This was just for fun and show offs and has no impact on score (I don't think). There are 7 analog sliders in total, which is too many to fit to a standard controller, even with fanangaling. So, as these are not really required for gameplay I haven't mapped them, and removed the effects On/Off Button so it can't be accidentally used. I hate these games by the way.
Beatmania III Append 6th Mix
bm36th
Man, these updated versions took ages to figure out. So, the OG hardware had effect sliders that you could use to modify the sound of your beats as you play. This was just for fun and show offs and has no impact on score (I don't think). There are 7 analog sliders in total, which is too many to fit to a standard controller, even with fanangaling. So, as these are not really required for gameplay I haven't mapped them, and removed the effects On/Off Button so it can't be accidentally used. I hate these games by the way.
Beatmania III Append 7th Mix
bm37th
Beatmania III Append Core Remix
bm3core
Beatmania III The Final
bm3final
beatmania THE FINAL Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Bells & Whistles
blswhstl
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Sound set to Stereo
-Free Play set
Bishi Bashi Champ Mini Game Senshuken
bishi
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Black Panther
blkpnthr
Hidden Gem. Fuck yeah, I'm a Panther...

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Blades of Steel
bladestl
There is a trackball version but it has no benefit over the joystick version.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Block Hole
blockhl
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Bottom of the Ninth
bottom9
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Bucky O'Hare
bucky
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Coin needs remain on Common. This allows character selection.
-No Free Play
Buttobi Striker
buttobi
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
City Bomber
citybomb
So, this game has a joystick input version and analog (steering wheel/pedal). Although setting both up would have been nice, using analog causes the controller to be shared. Just using Joystick, it's better anyway.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Crazy Cross
crzcross
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
-Continuation Limit Off
Crypt Killer
cryptklr
Light Gun Game:
-Accurate out the box

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Cue Brick
cuebrick
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Daisu-Kiss
daiskiss
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Dam Dam Boy
ddboy
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Dance Dance Revolution Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix
ddr2m
Dancing/Rhythum Game:
-The directional pad input has been mapped to the D-Pad, Both Sticks aaand the face buttons. You can use any of them how you want.
-Menu left and right are LB & RB.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Dance Revolution Karaoke Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Dance Revolution Karaoke Mix 2 Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Dance Revolution Kids
ddrkids
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Dance Dance Revolution Solo Bass Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Dance Revolution USA Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Freaks Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Maniax 2nd Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dance Maniax 2nd Mix Append J-Paradise Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dancing Stage Euro Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dancing Stage Euro Mix 2 Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Dancing Stage featuring TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON
dsftkd
Dancing/Rhythm Game:
-The directional pad input has been mapped to the D-Pad, Both Sticks aaand the face buttons. You can use any of them how you want.
-Menu left and right are LB & RB.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Dark Adventure
darkadv
Clone of 'devilw'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Multiplayer Info:
-This clone version is 3 players. The parent is 2 players

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Dark Horse Legend
darkhleg
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
DDRMAX Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
DDRMAX 2 Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Devestators
devstors
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Devil World
devilw
Parent of 'darkadv'. Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:
-The clone version 'darkadv' is 3 players. This is only 2 players but retains the character selection.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Dobou-Chan
dobouchn
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Double Dribble
ddribble
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Dragoon Might
dragoona
Controls:
-Fighting game. Some creative configuring, super attack and hang are button combos. These have been combined and set to the triggers for ease of use.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Blood set to MAX
-Free Play set
End, The
theend
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Escape Kids
esckids
There is a 2 player version but it is not needed.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Evil Night
evilngt
Light Gun Game
Parent of 'hellngt' Different region different name.

Either demanding on hardware or emulation isn't that great atm.(0.259)

Controls:
-Despite this being a 3 Player game, there is only 1 players worth of analog input. Could be due to early emulation.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Fantastic Journey
fantjour
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Fast Lane
fastlane
Multiplayer Info:
-Cab needed setting to dual for 2 player alternating.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Fighting Mania Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Fighting Wu-Shu 2nd!
bujutsu
Listed as not working but it does boot and play with issues.(0.259)

Controls:
-Lots of unused inputs.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Final Round, The
fround
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Finalizer: Super Transformation
finalizr
Multiplayer Info:
-Cab needed setting to Dual for 2 player alternating.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Fisherman's Bait 2: A Bass Challenge
fbait2bc
Controls:
-1 Player despite there being 2 players worth of inputs. Reel is set to right stick.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Fisherman's Bait: A Bass Challenge
fbaitbc
Controls:
-1 Player despite there being 2 players worth of inputs. Reel is set to right stick.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Fisherman's Bait: Marlin Challenge
fbaitmc
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Five a Side Soccer
fiveside
Controls:
-Analog sensitivity x&y needed cranking to the max vale of 280. It's just too slow otherwise.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Frogger
frogger
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Fuusen Pentai
fuusenpn
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
G.I. Joe
gijoe
Multiplayer Info:
-Game defaults to 2 players. 4 Players set in dips. Character selection is retained when coin is set to common.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gaiapolis
gaiapols
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Galactic Warriors
gwarriors
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Ganbare Goemon
ggoemon
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gang Busters
gbusters
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gechaga Champ
gchgchmp
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Golfing Greats
glfgreat
Controls:
-There is a pedal input that is seemingly unused.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gradius
gradius
Clone of 'nemesis' Different region different name. The better version of Gradius, better than bubble system version.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gradius (Bubble System)
gradiusb
Does not run a good as its original (non bubble system) counterpart.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gradius II: GOFER no Yabou
gradius2
Clone of 'vulcan'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gradius III
gradius3
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Gradius IV: Fukkatsu
gradius4
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Great Bishi Bashi Champ
gbbchmp
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Green Beret
gberet
Parent of 'rushatck'. Different region different name

Multiplayer Info:
-Cab needed setting to Dual to allow for 2 players alternating.

Controls:
-Creative configuring. Up is jump. I have also mapped this to A.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
GTI Club: Rally Cote D'Azur
gticlub
Game does this weird thing with braking. Think its the emulation.

Controls:
-Handbrake is better off as a digital input. If its left a default and bound to a stick it'll always be half on. Set to A on a controller.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Guitar Freaks
gtrfrks
Controls:
-Mapped to match the control scheme of Guitar Hero using a controller. Well, as best I can. Needless to say this game doesn't really translate to a controller. Don't expect to be playing on expert with a controller.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Guitar Freaks 10th Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Guitar Freaks 11th Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Guitar Freaks 2nd Mix
gtrfrk2ma
Clone of 'gtrfrk2m'. This is English version of this game.

Controls:
-Mapped to match the control scheme of Guitar Hero using a controller. Well, as best I can. Needless to say this game doesn't really translate to a controller. Don't expect to be playing on expert with a controller.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Guitar Freaks 2nd Mix Ver 1.01
gtrfrk2m
Parent of 'gtrfrk2ma'. This is the updated version, however it is in Japanese. The original version does have an English revision but no update to 1.01. Both have been configured.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Gyruss
gyruss
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Hang Pilot
hangplt
Interesting dual screen over and under display.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Haunted Castle
hcastle
It's CASTLEVANIA.

Multiplayer Info:
-Cab needed setting to Dual to allow to 2 player alternating.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Heat of Eleven '98 Noy using. Not working at this time (0.259)
Hell Night
hellngt
Light Gun Game
Clone of 'evilngt' Different region different name.

Controls:
-Despite this being a 3 Player game, there is only 1 players worth of analog input. Could be due to early emulation.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Hexion
hexion
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Hot Chase
hotchase
Driving Technique has been set to "Normal". Default is "High Technique Required" which is monsterously difficult.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Driving Technique Normal
-No Free Play
Hyper Athlete
hyperath
Multiplayer Info:
-This game defaults to 2 players despite 4 players being available. So, 4 players has been set.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ
hyperbbc
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Hyper Crash
hcrash
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Hyper Olympic '84
hpolym84
Clone of 'hyperspt'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Hyper Sports
hyperspt
Parent of 'hpolym84'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Iron Horse
ironhors
Multiplayer Info:

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Jackal
jackal
jackalr
Parent of 'topgunr'. Different region different name.
There is a rotary clone version which actually plays better. You can turn the turret instead of only shooting up, which is way better.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Jail Break
jailbrek
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Jet Wave
jetwave
Parent of 'waveshrk'.Different region different name.

Controls:
-Mapped the same as Ski & Snowboard games. Turn is on the lest stick, use the right stick at the same time to turn harder.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '96
powyak96
BASEBALL CRAP MULTIPLE INPUTS PER BUTTON CRAP I HATE IT

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu EX
powyakex
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu EX '98
jppyex98
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Jungler
jungler
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Juno First
junofrst
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Kattobase Power Pro Kun
kattobas
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Kick & Kick Not using. The game works but it very much needs the original hardware. It's a Soccer game where you actually kicked a ball into a sensor.
Kicker
kicker
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Konami '88
konami88
Clone of '88games'. Different Region Different Name

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Konami 80's AC Spacial
konam80s
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Konami GT
konamigt
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Konami's Open Golf Championship
opengolf
Game listed as not working and there are major graphical issues (0.259). Configured anyway to future proof.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Konami's Ping-Pong
pingpong
A weird input system. You use the joystick to hit the ball NOT the buttons.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Korokoro Pensuke
koropens
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Kyuukoukabakugekitai: Dive Bomber Squad Not using . Broken prototype.
Let's Attack Crazy Cross
lacrazyc
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Lethal Enforcers
lethalen
Light Gun Game
-Accurate out the box

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters
le2
Light Gun Game:
-Accurate out the box

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Lifeforce
lifefrce
Clone of 'salamand'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Lightning Fighters
lgtnfght
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Loco-Motion
locomotn
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
M.I.A.: Missing in Action
mia
Controls:
-Some creative configuring. Up is jump, I have also mapped this to the A button for ease of use.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Magical Twin Bee
mtwinbee
Clone of 'tbyahhoo'.Japanese parent English clone. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Main Event, The
mainevt
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Mambo A Go-Go Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Mario Roulette
mariorou
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Martial Champion
mtlchamp
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
-Violence set to BLOODY
Mega Zone
megazone
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Metamorphic Force
metamrph
metamrphe
Multiplayer Info:
-This game defaults to 2 players. 4 players can be set but it locks character selection to controller position. So, the parent 'metamrph' has been setup for 2 players and the clone 'metamrphe' has been setup for 4 players.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Midnight Run: Road Fighter 2
midnrun
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Mikie
mikie
What the actual f**k is this game.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Mogura Desse
mogura
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Monster Maulers
mmaulers
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Violence set to BLOODY
-Free Play set
Mr. Goemon
mrgoemon
Multiplayer Info:

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Muscle Ranking Kinniku Banzuke Spray Hitter
musclhit
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
MX5000
mx5000
Multiplayer Info:
-Cab needed setting to Dual for 2 player alternating play.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Mystic Warriors
mystwarr
Hidden Gem. An awesome little Shinobi rip.

Multiplayer Info:
-This game defaults to 2 players. 4 players has been set with character selection retained.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Nagano Winter Olympics '98
nagano88
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
NBA All The Way
nbaatw
Clone of 'nbapbp' Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:
-This one is a bit complicated. You can set 4 players but the 1st and 2nd player can only be on the same team. This is not ideal if you only have 2 controllers and want to play vs. So, the parent version has been configured for 2 player vs, and the clone 'nbaatw' is the 4 player vs.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
NBA Play By Play
nbapbp
Parent of 'nbaatw' Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:
-This one is a bit complicated. You can set 4 players but the 1st and 2nd player can only be on the same team. This is not ideal if you only have 2 controllers and want to play vs. So, this parent version has been configured for 2 player vs, and the clone 'nbaatw' is the 4 player vs.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Nemesis
nemesis
Parent of 'gradius'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Operation Thunder Hurricane
thunderh
Light Gun Game (Kinda). Early emulation means there is no analog input for lightgun use just yet. There is digital input. Game doesn't have crosshairs yet.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Orius
orius
Clone of 'xexex'. Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:
-Cab needed setting to Dual for 2 players

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Over Drive
overdriv
Listed as not working but it does boot and play with lots of graphical issues.(0.259). Configured anyway to future proof.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pandora's Palace
pandoras
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Parodius Da!: Shinwa kara Owarai e
parodius
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Percussion Freaks Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Percussion Freaks 4th Mix Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Percussion Freaks 7th Mix
pcnfrk7m
Controls:
Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Percussion Freaks 8th Mix
pcnfrk8m
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Pikkari Chance
pikkaric
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pirate Ship
piratesh
This game will sometimes throw a fit. It's a basic ticket game.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pittanko Zaurus
kzaurus
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Poly-Net Warriors
polynetw
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Polygonet Commanders
plygonet
Controls:
-Tank controls. One track for each stick.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pooyan
pooyan
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 1
popn1
Controls:
-Needless to say this rhythm games controls do not translate well to a controller. There are 9 buttons, sometimes you'll need to hit multiple at the same time. This is tricky on a controller .

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 2
popn2
Controls:
-Needless to say this rhythm games controls do not translate well to a controller. There are 9 buttons, sometimes you'll need to hit multiple at the same time. This is tricky on a controller .

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 3
popn3
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 4
popn4
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 5
popn5
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 6
popn6
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 7
popn7
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music 8
popn8
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music Animelo
popnanm
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music Animelo 2
popnanm2
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Music Mickey Tunes
popnmt
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Pop'n Stage EX
popnstex
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Powerful Chance
pwrchanc
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Premier Soccer
prmrsocr
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Punch Mania 2 Not using. Not working at all at this time (0.259)
Punk Shot
punkshot
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Quick Pick 5 Not using. A gambling game with way too many inputs. I will not be configuring these types of games.
Quiz Do Re Mi Fa Grand Prix Not using. Japanese quiz game.
Quiz Do Re Mi Fa Grand Prix 2 Not using. Japanese quiz game.
Quiz Gakumon no Sesume Not using. Japanese quiz game.
Racin' Force
racinfrc
Game listed as not working and there are major graphical issues (0.259). Configured anyway to future proof.

Controls:
-Up on the D-Pad was change gear, down way brake. Configured this so it's a proper driving layout.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Racing Jam
racingj
Listed as not working (0.259). It boots and plays with issues. Configured anyway to future proof.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Racing Jam: Chapter II
racingj2
Listed as not working (0.259). It boots and plays with issues. Configured anyway to future proof.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Rack 'em Up
rackemup
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Road Fighter
roadf
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Roc'n Rope
rocnrope
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Rock'n Rage
rockrage
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Rollergames
rollerg
Hidden Gem

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Run and Gun
rungun
rungund
It's a cofusing one. So, there is a single screen version and a dual screen version. The single screen parent version defaults to 2 players, this has been changed to 4 players. The dual screen clone version allows for vs play for 4 players. Both configured.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Run and Gun 2
rungun2
Multiplayer Info:
-Dual screen 4 player game. 1 screen can be deactivated for only 2 player 1 full screen use. So, the parent 'rungun2' has been setup for 1 screen 2 players and the clone 'slamdnk2' has been setup for 2 screens 4 players.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Run Run Puppy
runpuppy
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Rush'n Attack
rushatck
Clone of 'gberet'. Different region different name

Multiplayer Info:

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Rushing Heroes
rushhero
Multiplayer Info:
-Dual screen 4 player game. 1 screen can be deactivated for only 2 player 1 full screen use. However there is only 1 version so I cant configure 2 to cover all bases. When this happens I'll always configure for max players.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
S.P.Y.: Special Project Y
spy
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Salamander
salamand
Parent of 'lifefrce'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Salamander 2
salmndr2
There is an English clone however it isn't needed as there is no language barrier.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
-Continuation Limit Off
Salary Man Champ
salarymc
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Scooter Shooter
scotrsht
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Scramble
scramble
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Sexy Parodius
sexyparo
sexyparoa
Japanese parent, English clone.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Shuriken Boy
shuriboy
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Simpsons Bowling, The I can't get this to boot. It previously worked. Not sure what's going on with it. If you know how to boot this up, let me know.
Simpsons, The
simpsons
simpsons2p
Multiplayer Info:
-There is a 2 player and 4 player variant. The parent is 4 players but locks character selection to controller position. The 2 player version allows for character selection.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Slam Dunk 2
slamdnk2
Clone of 'slamdnk2'. Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:
-Dual screen 4 player game. 1 screen can be deactivated for only 2 player 1 full screen use. So, the parent 'rungun2' has been setup for 1 screen 2 players and the clone 'slamdnk2' has been setup for 2 screens 4 players.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Slime Kun
slimekun
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Soccer Superstars
soccerss
soccerssa
Multiplayer Info:
-Dual screen 4 player game. 1 screen can be deactivated for only 2 player 1 full screen use. So, the parent 'soccerss' has been setup for 1 screen 2 players and the clone 'soccerssa' has been setup for 2 screens 4 players.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Solar Assault
slrasslt
WOW. You learn something new every day. This didn't boot up due to eeprom issue. However...you can fix these eeprom issues with Konami games. Hold test/service (F2) and tap restart (F3), keep test/service (F2) held until you get a message saying it's cleared the eeprom and you can release the test/service button. Fixed and working. The forums I found this info on referred to it as the Konami Vulcan Neck Pinch, made me chuckle anyway.

This is totally Gradius but 3D. Pretty cool shooter.

Controls:
-y axis needed inverting for flight controls.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Space King 2
spcking2
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Space Pokan
spcpokan
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Steering Champ
strgchmp
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Step Champ
stepchmp
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Strategy X
stratgyx
A rotary game of sorts. Rotate is on the right stick and triggers.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Sunset Riders
ssriders
ssridersabd
Multiplayer Info:
-There is 4 Player version that locks character selection to controller position. The 2 player clone allows for character selection. Both configured.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Audio set to Stereo
-No Free Play set. Disables attract.
Super Basketball
sbasketb
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Super Bishi Bashi Champ
sbishi
sbishika
There is a 2 Player parent and 3 player clone.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Super Cobra
scobra
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Super Contra
scontra
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Suprise Attack
suratk
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Tacticion
tactcian
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Taisen Tokkae-dama
tokkae
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
-Continuation Limit Off
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
tmht2p
Multiplayer Info:
Clone of 'tmnt'. This is the 2 player version that allows for character selection. It has the UK title.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: Turtles in Time
tmht22pe
Clone of 'tmnt2' Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:
-There is 4 Player version that locks character selection to controller position. The 2 player clone allows for character selection. Both configured.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Audio set to Stereo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
tmnt
Multiplayer Info:
Parent of 'tmht2p'. This is the 4 Player variant, the 2 player clone has the UK title Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. 2 Player version lets you choose your character. There is no 2 player US version.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
tmnt2
Parent of 'tmht22pe' Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Audio set to Stereo
Teraburst
terabrst
Light Gun Game

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Thrill Drive
thrilld
Listed as not working but boots a plays with issues(0.259). Configured anyway to future proof.

Controls:
-Handbrake is better mapped to a digital input.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Thunder Cross
thunderx
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Thunder Cross II
thndrx2
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Audio set to Stereo
-Free Play set.
Time Pilot
timeplt
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Time Pilot '84
tp84
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Tobe! Polystars
polystar
Very demanding on HW. (0.259)

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzle-dama
tkmmpzdm
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Top Gunner
topgunr
topgunbl
Clone of 'jackal'. Different region different name.
There is a rotary clone version which actually plays better. You can turn the turret instead of only shooting up, which is way better.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Total Vice
totlvice
Light Gun Game

Controls:
-Despite this being a 2 Player game, there is only 1 players worth of analog input. Could be due to early emulation.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Violence set to Bloody
-Free Play set
Track & Field
trackfld
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Trick Trap
tricktrp
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Tsukande Toru Chicci
tsukande
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Tsurikko Penta
tsupenta
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Turtles
turtles
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Tutankham
tutankhm
A twin stick shooter of sorts. Right stick only shoots left & right.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Twin Bee Yahhoo!
tbyahhoo
Parent of 'mtwinbee'.Japanese parent English clone. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
TwinBee
twinbee
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
TwinBee (Bubble System)
twinbeeb
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Typhoon
typhoon
Clone of 'ajax'. Different Region Different Name

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Vendetta
vendetta
vendetta2pw
Multiplayer Info:

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Audio set to Stereo
-No Free Play
Versus Net Soccer
vsnetscr
vsnetscra
Multiplayer Info:
-Dual screen 4 player game. 1 screen can be deactivated for only 2 player 1 full screen use. So, the parent 'vsnetscr' has been setup for 1 screen 2 players and the clone 'vsnetscra' has been setup for 2 screens 4 players.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Video Hustler
hustler
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Voilent Storm
viostorm
Multiplayer Info:
-This game defaults to 2 players. 3 players has been set with character selection retained.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Violence set to BLOODY
-Free Play set
Vulcan Venture
vulcan
Parent of 'gradius2'. Different region different name.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Wave Shark
waveshrk
Clone of 'jetwave'.Different region different name.

Controls:
-Mapped the same as Ski & Snowboard games. Turn is on the lest stick, use the right stick at the same time to turn harder.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
WEC Le Mans 24
wecleman
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Wedding Rhapsody Not using. Japanese Quiz game
Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa
moomesa
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Coin needs to remain on Common. This allows character selection.
-No Free Play
Winding Heat
windheat
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Winning Spike
winspike
Controls:
-Each button has multiple functions. Too many to list in the images. They are all displayed in game so it's not an issue.

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
X-Men
xmen
xmen6p
Multiplayer Info:
-There is a 4 player and a 6 player version. The 6 player version is across 2 screens, it also locks character selection to controller position. Both configured.

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Xexex
xexex
Parent of 'orius'. Different region different name.

Multiplayer Info:

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-Free Play set
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
yiear
Multiplayer Info:

Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
Yu-Gi-Oh Monster Capsule
ymcapsul
Controls:

Dip Switches/Test Menu:
-No Free Play
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

ci2own

Huge and very accurate work as always!

Thank you very much mate!

• Like 1
Link to review