LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo Game Boy Advance 2D Box Fronts 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

41 Screenshots

About This File

Here is my Game Boy Advance 2D front box art set for your enjoyment!  I found that the various existing sets of front box art for this system were severly lacking in quality and attention to detail.  When I noticed that I was beginning to have to replace more and more box fronts with my own work, I finally decided to just start from scratch and work my way through the entire set one by one to correct errors/poor photoshop work that I had been coming across, as well as attempt to find higher quality source art altogether.

Detail work included:  
Hours upon hours zoomed into 400-1200% with clone tool to get rid of dust specks.
Hand-drawing shadows, lines, and artwork elements that were missing, needed re-done, or were part of a damaged area of a scan.  Bringing shadow, mid, and highlight levels within spec, and a myriad of other adjustments/edits.  

Many images needed extensive compositing from alternate sources such as box art elements from a different system, pieces from different box art regions, movie posters, game advertisements/promo materials, logos from other more high quality sources (but the same as used on GBA box), etc.  I did take some artistic liberties if the situation called for it.  Mostly with brush work, cloning out scratches, dust specks, digital artifacts, and cropping.

For certain games I included Alternate versions of the box if I ended up finding some.  Stuff like Player's Choice versions, "plays on DS" versions, different promo stickers, or holo-stickers, etc.  

The different "sidebars" should all be correct as well. Those with the "only for" triangle, and those without.  When in doubt, I cross-referenced with an actual box on ebay to figure out which style I should put on the box.  There were a few one-off sidebars that were PAL style, but also had the "only for" triangle on it. And I think there was a sidebar that had the "Gameboy Advance" logo off-centered to allow space for the "only for" triangle, but it actually wasn't printed on the box for some reason.

I also bought the following games off ebay and scanned them in myself:

3 Game Pack! - Candy Land + Chutes and Ladders + Original Memory Game
3 Game Pack! - Ker Plunk! + Toss Across + Tip It
American Idol
Backyard Football
Bratz - Rock Angelz
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 3
Defender
Disney's Kim Possible 3 - Team Possible
Fear Factor Unleashed
Franklin the Turtle
Frogger's Journey - The Forgotten Relic
High Heat Major League Baseball 2002
Hobbit, The - The Prelude to the Lord of the Rings
Hot Potato!
Incredibles, The - Rise of the Underminer
Land Before Time, The
Madden NFL 2004
Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 - Licensed to Drive
Mission Impossible - Operation Surma
Muppets, The - On with the Show!
Pitfall - The Lost Expedition
Planet Monsters
Shawn Palmer's Pro Snowboarder
SpongeBob SquarePants - Revenger of the Flying Dutchman
Sports Illustrated for Kids - Football
Star Wars - Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Of course, once you get on a roll with things like this and are several hundred in, there is the possibility for errors.  Definitely had some episodes of blurry vision from staring at these pixels for too long.  I may have done something incorrectly and not realized it.  If anything strikes you as needing attention, please feel free to let me know.  Template is included in case you need to make your own artwork, or feel like contributing back into this set with higher quality source art.

Template details:  Parts from Shenske's template shared on thecoverproject site serve as the PAL Box, and shadow layer.  Main GBA silver bar/logo is from a template shared by shonasof on reddit, and the centered logo for boxes without the "only for" triangle was hand cut/extracted from an existing box front found on GameFaqs by myself.    

Also totally fine to share and re-post this anywhere.

Edited by damageinc86

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.