Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

SMASHINGblargharghar

Members
  • Posts

    79
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by SMASHINGblargharghar

  1. I have a request for anyone who has the skills, time, and interest. We need 2D/3D boxes using translated logo's. As you can see, I'm dedicated to creating English logo's for all jp-en fan translated games... But we need game boxes to match! If someone would take up the task to start creating game boxes using my logo's, it would be very much appreciated by the community. 2D boxes alone are fine. If you have the tools to make 3D boxes, even better, but it's not necessary. I have scripts and tools that I use to generate side/spines and make 3D boxes so as long as someone is up to the task of creating the 2D boxes, I can take care of the 3D ones. Create a new post, post them here, or DM me. Whatever is easiest for you. Thanks in advance!
  2. Gameboy Advance complete. I'll compile them into a zip tomorrow. I'll also add the fixed logo's that @launchretrogirl2562 improved for FDS tomorrow and put those together as well in a new zip.
  3. Maybe I'll pivot to PSX and Saturn for the next batch of logo's. I really want to take down NES, Megadrive/Genesis, Sega CD, and SNES but that just looks like such a dauntingly huge job.... there's hundreds of them. I think I'll procrastinate doing those for now PSX, Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast seem like reasonable targets to go after next.
  4. Note for the people that modify and translate these games. If you stumbled on this thread, I want to say thank you. Your work is very much appreciated even if you don't hear it enough. If you make hacks or translate games into English and would like a logo made for your game (both in-title and for general media purposes) hit me up! I'll make one for you and it won't cost you anything. Drop a comment or DM me directly.
  5. EVERYONE! Please upvote this suggestion. Please comment as well to show that this is important to you. https://feedback.launchbox-app.com/p/region-tag-specifically-for-fan-translations This would allow logo's to be region tagged for Fan Translation (jp-en, jp-pt, jp-es, jp-fr, etc.) so they don't need to default to a particular country or World which tend to piss off a lot of people. I think this a very important change. Spread the link, let's get this implemented.
  6. I'll get all your improved logos into the main post and zip files by the end of this week. Thanks for the improvements!
  7. This is a thread for translating logos into English. I think you meant to post in the Clear Logo Request here:
  8. Gameboy Color Complete! Zip file added to the 1st post.
  9. Zip files added for FDS, Gameboy, and Game Gear complete collections
  10. All your current improved logos have been added to the main posts. Thanks! Sorry it took me so long to get them in there. They will also be included in the zip files that I'm uploading. I've included both the high resolution versions that you posted and a shrunk 1500px wide version to keep file sizes small.
  11. Famicom Disk System is complete! Gonna back track to GB and finish the missing titles, then decide which console I want to do next. Maybe Master System, PC Engine, Neogeo Pocket, and Wonderswan as they're a less daunting effort than NES and I'd like to get some more complete systems on the board before taking on something that will probably take months.
  12. I really don't like the English version of the 'Relics: The Dark Fortress' logo that I submitted. I couldn't figure out how to replicate the style of the Japanese logo (the effect/technique is called "one point perspective") Can someone else give it a try? https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/53759-relics-ankoku-yousai
  13. To add this this, I welcome all to participate. If you find room for improvement or find fan-translated games that need a logo, feel free to post your submissions/requests in this thread. I'll try my best to update the combined posts above with your contributions and add a credit below the image so people will know who made it. At some point if this project grows beyond my capability to manage new submissions in the original posts, we'll figure something else out... But honestly I hope it does! I would love to see a bunch of artists creating translated logos for fan-translated games in multiple languages. I'll make a feature submission for Launchbox DB to add a region tag specifically for fan translations or maybe a language tag and update when it gets posted.
  14. Thanks! I will definitely do so as soon as I have more systems complete. Soon as I get to a point where I feel like some of these are completely done, I'll edit my first post with a bunch of zips for each system completed.
  15. Famicom Disk System (Complete) Improved versions by @launchretrogirl2562 1500px wide High Resolution
  16. Gameboy Color (Complete) Created by @launchretrogirl2562 (Huge "Thank you!" for this! Trying to get this one right was maddening for me) 1500px High Resolution
  17. Gamegear (Complete) Improved versions by @launchretrogirl2562 1500px High Resolution
  18. Hey been a while ya'll. Been working on submitting fan art and translated clear logos so I haven't been taking requests for a bit. I submitted a proposal so we can show off our creations in our Launchbox profiles -- a showcase of sorts. If you'd like to show off all your hard work, gimme some upvotes please: https://feedback.launchbox-app.com/p/optional-showcase-for-submittedapproved-media
  19. Found another neat trick in Gimp for those making logos. Ever cut out a logo and the edges are pixelated or too harsh? You can soften only the edges and fade to transparency without affecting the rest of the image. When you're finished making your logo, merge all layers with content. Right click the layer and select "alpha to selection" Go to the Selection menu and Shrink -- shrink by 1-5 pixels depending on how bad the jaggies are. Now go back to the Selection menu and Invert. Go to the Tool tab and select the Blur tool (default settings are fine) and choose 2. Hardness 75. Make it huge so you can go over the whole image in a few strokes and do exactly that -- give the whole image a once over with the blur tool. It'll only blur the edges that you shrank and inverted. Results look fantastic and free of jagged pixelated edges. Also does a good job of hiding mistakes if you were a little too aggressive in cutting out the original image.
  20. Understood. Thank you. I'll provide additional higher resolution alternatives in future submissions.
  21. If you don't mind me asking, what did I mess up on with my submissions of Spy Hunter and Space Shuttle Project? I take zero offense to having them redone and appreciate it so please don't interpret this as me being defensive, I'm just curious where I screwed up so I can improve in the future. Please be blunt in your critique so I know exactly what I need to work on. It won't hurt my feelings. I'm pretty new at all this and appreciate your feedback.
  22. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/2011-stealth-atf
×
×
  • Create New...