Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

SMASHINGblargharghar

Members
  • Posts

    79
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by SMASHINGblargharghar

  1. @Gameon100 https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/5411-samurai-ghost Genpei Toumaden (Samurai Ghost)
  2. @Gameon100 I can't find the request in this thread anymore but here's Dungeon Explorer https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/5398-dungeon-explorer
  3. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/9631-valis-iii I uploaded the upscaled version but if you prefer the original you're welcome to replace it I wasn't able to use that tool that was suggested -- but I did come up with a new technique for handling these metallic logo's and it seems to work pretty well Edit: resubmitted color corrected versions. Edit again: wasn't happy with the correction. Did a better job with color correction and resubmitted lol
  4. I got your DM. I'll take care of the ones you asked for tonight or tomorrow. That damn metallic "III" was giving me trouble last night and I gave up cuz it was getting late. I'll do it again and try launchretrogirl's method with the ai website.
  5. WOW. Once again I gotta ask -- how did you recreate the H which was hidden behind the characters head? Really clean
  6. I gotta ask... how are you getting these chrome and metallic logo's to cut out so cleanly? I'm using the Color to Alpha tool in gimp and anything chrome-like just makes it so difficult. I gotta manually cut those out. You do great work!
  7. Valis II https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/9630-valis-ii
  8. Here's the 1st game. Both box logo and banner logo. The second game is giving me a lot of trouble because of those chrome accents. Will require manual cutting or maybe someone more talented than me can give it a try. If I don't see any attempts by later tonight, I'll try manual cut. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/36507-golfing-greats
  9. The NA version is gonna need a better source file if you have it. Parts of the logo are cut off and part of the stroke outline appears to be missing from the "C" Here's the Japanese version https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/33137-city-bomber
  10. much better, thanks
  11. Here's a lazy text-only with white stroke. Probably better as a clear logo than a white block so I'll submit it. If someone wants to make a better one and replace it, I won't be offended at all. Have at it.
  12. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/36714-hebereke-no-popoon submitted to gamesdb
  13. I'm not happy with how this one came out. Someone else wanna give it a try? I didn't submit this one.
  14. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/107515-flappy-2-the-resurrection-of-blue-star submitted to gamesdb
  15. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/107426-nostalgia-1907 Uploaded to gamesdb
  16. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/134743-kitahei-68k Submitted to gamesdb
  17. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/44227-urusei-yatsura-stay-with-you requested by gameon100
  18. Just send a DM or reply to this comment.
  19. I just made a bunch of clear logo's on request from user gameon100. Here's the results. I actually enjoyed making these and am open to taking on more requests if anyone has them.
  20. Hello, I've begun work on translating all Japanese Clear Logo's for games that have a fan-translation available in English. All of these have already been submitted to the db. Scrape any jp-en games in your library featured in these posts and you'll notice it now has an English logo that is a very close match to the Japanese version. I tried my best to strictly adhere to the style of the original logo unless a more modern version of that logo exists -- in which case, I'll opt for the modern logo. As I complete systems, I will update these posts. If you notice one missing, please let me know and I'll get it done. When I feel like I've gotten a system more or less complete, I'll attach a zip file in this 1st post. Please check my suggestions here: https://feedback.launchbox-app.com/p/region-tag-specifically-for-fan-translations This would allow logo's to be region tagged for Fan Translation (jp-en, jp-pt, jp-es, jp-fr, etc.) so they don't need to default to a particular country or World which tend to piss off a lot of people. I think this a very important change. Spread the link, let's get this implemented. https://feedback.launchbox-app.com/p/optional-showcase-for-submittedapproved-media My other suggestion is that Launchbox allow for a Showcase page where people who create media can optionally have a page to display all their work. This would make it easier for artists to collaborate on projects like this one. Please give it an upvote/comment if you think it's a good idea. I'd love to show off all my submissions and give others a chance to do the same. Enjoy! Zipped Collections: FDS FDS_Translation_Logos.zip Gameboy Gameboy_Translation_Logos.zip Gameboy Color Gameboy_Color_Translation_Logos.zip Game Gear Gamegear_Translation_Logos.zip Master System Master_System_Translation_Logos.zip Zipped collections include both clear logo's made in this post and a collection of marquees/banners for that system that I've generated with a script. If you'd like to generate your own marquees for other games, feel free to use my script. It requires installing ImageMagick and adding it to your Environment Path. The script expects clear logo's to go into a "wheel" subfolder with all logo's having a -wheel suffix and fan art/boxart to go into a "images" subfolder with a -fanart or -boxart suffix. Marquee-Maker_AutoMode-Crop.ps1 Note for the people that modify and translate these games. If you stumbled on this thread, I want to say thank you. Your work is very much appreciated even if you don't hear it enough. If you make hacks or translate games into English and would like a logo made for your game (both in-title and for general media purposes) hit me up! I'll make one for you and it won't cost you anything. Drop a comment or DM me directly.
×
×
  • Create New...