maortiz1969
Members-
Posts
7 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Articles
Downloads
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by maortiz1969
-
CURATOR v2.0.0-beta.6 is now available (September 28, 2026). I'm Miguel, CURATOR's developer. This free, open-source Windows PowerShell tool helps validate and organize user-supplied retro-game collections. This beta improves incomplete-set Append, catalogue folders, processing performance, recovery, and supported optical-media handling. Start a clean run with every beta; earlier databases and unfinished runs cannot be reused. Use copied input and preserve originals. MAME support remains very early and experimental; continue using clrmame for MAME collections. Saving progress can still fail after a stage finishes, and completed accumulated ZIPs remain in Incomplete Sets. See the full changelog for all limitations. Release and downloads: https://github.com/Jiraiya1969/myOrganizer-CURATOR/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta.6 Full changelog: https://myorganizerhq.com/changelog#v2-0-0-beta-6 Developer statement: https://myorganizerhq.com/#developer-announcement Developer statement — Miguel A. Ortiz With myOrganizer: CURATOR v2.0.0-beta6, we have reached the end of this branch. While this is still a work in progress, I have validated many Atari and SEGA sets and the application does a fairly accurate job. There is still a lot of validation to do, but as this is a personal project, it should be more than obvious that I am working with what I personally want for my collection. Of course, I welcome anyone who wants to personalize the application for their own desires to do so, by simply starting their own branch and providing source acknowledgement to me. This for me is a good enough release to hold anyone over for now. The next branch, v2.5.xx is going to be a major restructuring of the application in many ways. The ulimate end goal is a single application script rather than the multi-stage method I am using right now. Remember, I'm not a professional programmer. I have dabled and this is my very first foray into even using AI as a development tool. I broke the application into stages to help me manage the development in my own way. I am absolutely certain that there are very many amazing coders that can do a better job than me. I just want to learn, at my age (57) how AI will be a part of my reality in the workspace I am a part of (Cloud Management/IT). I have not taken any courses at all. I simply dived in. If you view my site, you can find links to other things I have done while working on this application. In the beginning I spent a great many hours learning to even get the AI to stay within constraints; heck, I had to learn about constraints the hard way! But, overall, this has been both a frustrating and a very enlightening experience. I highly recommend trying it! That being said, this next phase is going to see very few and limited beta releases. I will more than likely break the application with my next approach and that will definitely teach me a lot of new lessons. And I love learning, so it is not a bad thing. So, for now. Stay tuned. Hopefully not too much time will pass for the very first v2.5.x release. Happy gaming! Jiraiya1969 (Miguel A. Ortiz) https://myorganizerhq.com/
-
CURATOR v2.0.0-beta.5 is now available (September 11, 2026). Hi everyone — I'm Miguel, CURATOR's developer. This fifth v2 beta continues work on the free, open-source Windows tool for validating and organizing user-supplied retro-game collections into LaunchBox-ready outputs. Highlights in beta.5: • Separate ZIPs for supported disk and tape images, preserving each file's DAT filename. Incomplete sets remain flagged for attention. • Faster ZIP creation, collection copying, completeness checks, and final publication. • Fixes for filename capitalization, output paths, ZIP collisions, repeated additions, and distinct DAT sets that share files or names. • Recovery fixes for removed review output and interrupted additions; resume now stops when previously written files have changed. • Experimental MAME software-list fixes for set titles, SPLIT dependencies, and file-size checks. • Updated administrator, user, quick-start, and API guides. Every beta requires a clean run: earlier databases, saved run state, and output plans are incompatible. Work with copies, keep backups, and verify your output. MAME support remains VERY EARLY and experimental; continue using clrmame as the definitive MAME ROM manager. Media conversion and broader recovery scenarios remain subject to open acceptance work. Release and downloads: https://github.com/Jiraiya1969/myOrganizer-CURATOR/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta.5 Full changelog: https://myorganizerhq.com/changelog#v2-0-0-beta-5 Website: https://myorganizerhq.com/ Application: CURATOR_v2.0.0-beta.5.zip Size: 33,609,003 bytes SHA-256: 99FD2BBB1A57E64B0CC67C59AD3A835C413D869891E97F735B36DC283166D714 CURATOR is an independent community project, not affiliated with or endorsed by LaunchBox or Unbroken Software. Feedback on organization, documentation, and reporting is welcome. Jiraiya1969 (Miguel A. Ortiz)
-
Hi everyone, CURATOR v2.0.0-beta.1 is now publicly available. This is the first public release on the v2 track and a major architectural overhaul—not an incremental update to the old v1 pipeline. CURATOR now uses persistent, indexed SQLite authority and relational contracts across Stages 1–10 and Reporting. The redesign changes how CURATOR preserves state, exchanges evidence between stages, resumes interrupted work, audits results, and processes large collections. What changed in v2.0.0-beta.1: • Persistent SQLite authority database and relational contracts for Stages 1–10 and Reporting. • Indexed, set-based SQLite processing replaces the principal heavy in-memory paths in Stages 6–9. • Stage 10 now executes a frozen relational publication plan with durable receipt checkpoints, resumable publication, verified Append reuse, and optimized cleanup. • Capability-based startup activates only the Core services required by the selected action. • Complete output receipts, company manifests, placement evidence, recovery state, and collection-audit workflows. • Clearer progress and completion announcements across Gateway, numbered stages, Reporting, database loading, cleanup, and publication. • Updated operator documentation, legal notices, attribution, dependency records, and component identities. This release also fixes Gateway pause behavior, unresolved archive-review lineage and nested paths, Stage 5 missing-source handling, Stage 7 relational validation scaling, optical CUE membership reconstruction, and redundant cleanup enumeration. The v1 release line is now closed and locked. All eight v1 prereleases, tags, packages, checksums, and downloads remain available as immutable history, but all continuing development proceeds under v2. Important beta guidance: • Work only with copies of your collection. • Keep verified backups of the originals. • Review generated output, receipts, manifests, and reports carefully. • Verify curated output in its intended emulators before replacing existing material. • CURATOR does not include or distribute ROMs, game content, BIOS files, preservation DAT files, or rights to obtain them. Users must supply their own legally obtained content and authority data. Current limitations: • MAME support remains limited and preliminary and does not replace a dedicated MAME ROM manager. • Some otherwise valid Alcohol MDF/MDS images may be incompatible with the bundled decoder; CURATOR preserves those sources and routes them for review. Verified release: Version: v2.0.0-beta.1 Package: CURATOR_v2.0.0-beta.1.zip Size: 29,168,713 bytes SHA-256: 7A06D6F70EA4CB21CB8DD215EF198C84F4D030E3F85C18AE62D0BB4AB552580E GitHub Release: https://github.com/Jiraiya1969/myOrganizer-CURATOR/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta.1 Project website and release archive: https://myorganizerhq.com/ https://myorganizerhq.com/releases Source, documentation, changelog, and issue tracking: https://github.com/Jiraiya1969/myOrganizer-CURATOR https://myorganizerhq.com/changelog CURATOR remains a standalone, open-source community tool. It is not an official LaunchBox product or plugin and is not affiliated with or endorsed by LaunchBox or Unbroken Software. Feedback from LaunchBox users is especially welcome around collection organization workflows, platform mapping, documentation clarity, recovery behavior, and the usefulness of the generated reports.
-
Hi everyone, I’ve released a public beta of CURATOR, an open-source Windows PowerShell tool for building authoritative, reproducible, LaunchBox-ready retro game collections using preservation DATs as the source of truth. CURATOR is intended for collectors who have imperfect or inconsistently named source material and want a more deterministic, reviewable organization process. Rather than relying primarily on filenames, its workflow uses DAT authority and produces organized output with reports that can be reviewed before anything replaces an existing collection. Current release: v1.0.0-beta.3 Important beta guidance: Work only with copies of your collection. Keep verified backups of the originals. Review the generated output and reports carefully. CURATOR does not include or distribute ROMs, game content, BIOS files, or preservation DAT files. Users must supply their own legally obtained content and DATs. CURATOR is a standalone community tool and is not an official LaunchBox product or plugin. Project website: https://myorganizerhq.com/ Downloads and release archive: https://myorganizerhq.com/releases.html Source, documentation, and issue tracking: https://github.com/Jiraiya1969/myOrganizer-CURATOR I’d especially appreciate feedback from LaunchBox users about collection organization workflows, documentation clarity, platform mapping, and the usefulness of the generated reports.
-
Prior to 13.24 I used to be able to add Daphne games via adding batch files individually. Now I cannot. The wizard is unable to detect it as a game. I have been using this method that has been in many Youtube videos. Is there a new mechanism I can't see?