Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

MysterNybble

Administrators
  • Posts

    85
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by MysterNybble

  1. Thanks, I'll see what I can find.
  2. That's a good idea, I'll think about this some more and see what I can come up with.
  3. Thanks, that helps. I'll see what I can find, I'll let you know if I have any more questions.
  4. The only things that might help me out further are... Are you seeing this in LB and BB or just one of them? As always, debug logs may be helpful, so send me what you got! Thanks though, will do some investigation to see what I can find.
  5. You are a beast with the testing - I can't tell you how helpful all of this has been, thanks, thanks and thanks once more. I got some ideas, some guesses, and some fixes on the way for beta 2 to hopefully help out some of these things, aiming for early next week on that.
  6. Would you do me a favor and... Test with the Default theme and Default pause theme, so we can know if it's in our theme code versus deeper down in Big Box itself Any specific game/emulator/store you remember testing that was causing the unresponsive window Once you can get Big Box closed, send me up some of your debug logs so I can see if anything is useful in there Thanks so much!
  7. I'm printing off your comment and will ask my mom to put it on the fridge... Thanks for the positive feedback and your specific successes. That windowed full screen is a game changer for sure.
  8. I have something in the works for the translators to hopefully make it easier. Things are pretty volatile right now with the language so I'm not quite ready yet to ask for your help, but I'll be sure to let you know. You'll know more probably toward the end of next week.
  9. Thanks - do you mean 14.0.1 (the hotfix released a month ago) or this beta? That's said, it's odd, because I don't see anything in the code that would reset it for mame/emulators games. Can you close LB/BB, temporarily disable your plugins (just move the folders under \Plugins somewhere else for now), and then test again? I'm not confident it's a plugin issue, but worth ruling out. If that fixes, then you'll need to systematically bring back in your plugins to see which is causing it. The issue may still be on our side, but without knowing if it's a plugin (and which one) not much for me to look at yet. I am going to add a "view my highscores" like thing to Beta 2, so stay tuned for that. Alternatively, just get better at the game and get into the top 100 😜
  10. Now we're getting somewhere, thanks! What I can see is: Big Box was technically ready in about 37s Your startup video was 97s and Big Box naturally plays to the end, you can of course skip this but you already know that A mysterious 48s delay before you even see the video (plus the 97s to watch) account for most of the apparent delay. This is my main area of concern but neither the logs or diagnostics tell me very much. I THINK if you removed/disabled your startup video BB would load "much faster" but that doesn't fix the issue, of course. I will likely need to add some better logging/diagnostics to beta 2 to get to the bottom of this.
  11. Can you clarify a couple things for me... "double control" - when it happens, does one button press move twice inside Big Box, or do Big Box and the window your other screen both react to the controller? Would you mind sharing what other window you have that isn't the game or Big Box? Big Box intentionally tries to ignore controller inputs when it does not have focus EXCEPT for bound hotkeys (exit game, pause screen, volume, screenshot, bring BB back up front). Are you asking for this to be different?
  12. That's certainly not ideal. Can you send me: The debug logs from one (or more) of these slow starts so I can see what's going on Which storefronts you have enabled and what their import setting is (all, installed, none) Do you happen to see any games being imported multiple times, perhaps from the storefronts? Also, it would help if you enabled and repeated startup test: Options -> General -> Share optional performance diagnostic Separate to the above, if you disable Options -> General -> Automataed Imports does startup improve dramatically? This will help out a lot, thanks!
  13. It might be worth looking at your setting for (from LaunchBox) Options -> General -> "Share optional performance diagnostics" and checking it if it isn't. Restart LB/BB and then relaunch - this does have special capture for startup timings and can help us find patterns.
  14. Thanks a few observations: Big Box naturally waits for your startup video (TRON something or other) and according to these logs it's seems long - 96 seconds - does that seem right? This might muddle the logs a little bit, so can you repeat this by pressing some keys/buttons during startup to "skip" the video? Make sure LaunchBox/Big Box are completely closed when you pull the logs the Debug log especially looks cut off (only 5 lines which I'd expect many, many more) Can you try the Default theme for the stutter issue? Want to confirm it's a Big Box issue or somethings specific to that theme. Let me know if Default behaves the same, worse, or better than what you're seeing in your preferred theme. Thanks again!
  15. Thanks for noticing - really trying over here to do good for all of you :).
  16. The requested details from the original post would be useful here, especially your logs, specs, Windows version/build, which theme/view you're showing in the videos, and which plugins you're using (so basically all of it). Also how does it compares to 14.0 if you used that as well. same? worse? better?
  17. You got the right properties, just might need to get them in the right place. (I have not exactly tested my suggestion below, but they should be mostly right, let me know if you run into more questions though) Directly in the screensaver view (outside the transition content): {Binding Game.RetroAchievementsEarnedAchievements} / {Binding Game.RetroAchievementsTotalAchievements}, as you have it Inside the per-game template the TransitionPresenter shows (where the clear logo etc. usually live), drop Game.: {Binding RetroAchievementsEarnedAchievements} The labels and visibility helpers there need to go through the view: {Binding DataContext.RetroAchievementsVisibility, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType=UserControl}}. You can also play with RetroAchievementsHasAchievements, MedianTimeToBeatHardcore, MedianTimeToMaster, HasRetroAchievementsTimeToBeat, and HasRetroAchievementsTimeToMaster. Obviously only works for games with a RetroAchievements match and you/the user has an RA account set up in LaunchBox.
  18. Thanks, I got something in the works, so stay tuned for beta 2, should work well :).
  19. You make sense and I think there is a gap in how we did it but my original thinking was contradictory to how you described it. In Steam when you try to Install a game that was on a drive that is currently inaccessible it does show this after you click Install. Steam, like us, knows the game should be there but isn't and thinks reinstalling is likely what you want to do. I know that it's more likely you don't want to install as you'd just plug your drive back in. In your defense, us showing Play is also incorrect - perhaps a "Missing" like status would be a nice overall solution. Let our Steam plugin tell us the game is missing but can be fixed via Install. So, you'd know the game should be there but isn't and still gives you Steams installer and you can always plug your drive back in.
  20. You are right to think this all changed in 13.28 Beta 6, so your timing makes sense with what you are seeing. We do track the 'last known status' instead of changing it to 'Not Installed'. The intention here is that people often use removeable media for their Steam games and unplugged drives shouldn't flip everything to Not Installed. It seems that comes with some side effects :-P. Can you look at something for me? In Steam itself go to Settings -> Storage and see if any drive/library listed there no longer exists / isn't currently connected. Open this file -> Steam\steamapps\libraryfolders.vdf -> and confirm all of those paths are valid. This will confirm op rule out my initial hunch, which is Steam thought there were installed in one place, but didn't clean up after itself.
  21. I think it was in 14.0 we added the third state 'Automatic' to help users control when LaunchBox is allowed to manage it, and when the user "knows better". It's currently used by storefronts (as they have the ability to install). There may be room for certain emulators or future features to use this which is why it's at the game level. Automatic - let LB manage it, underneath it asks the storefront if it's installed or not (though again, may use this in the future for other things than storefronts) Installed (former Installed checked) - ignore what LB thinks - just show play Not Installed (former Installed unchecked) - ignore what LB thinks - just show install I think we can improve the presentation of this but hopefully that helps!
  22. You should be able to see a leaderboard summary, from a game's leaderboard try clicking your name. That should open a "player page" with all of them. The blue Install button simply means that a game is somehow marked Not Installed. If you Edit one of those games and look at the Installed dropdown it should show that. This hasn't changed much from how 14.0 was working for ROM games, was that what you were using? Do you still have access to your data prior to the beta (might be in your backup folder) to see if you compared to see what those values were before? Obviously, you can use Bulk Edit to fix all these games, but if something in 14.1 changed the value, I'll have to do some more digging. Also, do you remember what tool you used to import these games into LaunchBox, just in case that is usful. Let me know what you know!
  23. Glad you found a workaround though it's odd that setting as I wouldn't suspect that was the cause. Can you remind me what was happening on the other monitor and send a screenshot of the option you turned off, just to make sure I'm looking at the right thing? May still be a bug hiding in there... Awesome this will help! I was able to reproduce on my side. I'll get this into Beta 2 when that's ready (hopefully by end of week). The only workaround I can offer is look at the achievements in LaunchBox for now 🤪
  24. Thanks, can you provide the details requested above? Crashes do have special instruction.
  25. Odd, I'm not seeing that behavior at all - can you logout completely and re-login and see if that gives you the 15 minutes? I don't want to fix the wrong thing if my suspicion is wrong about what is wrong.
×
×
  • Create New...