LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request - Have a master dosbox.conf file

ZummiGummi

This one is more of a opinion really. I like the idea of having a master dosbox.conf file, and then if you have special settings for a game, only those settings are added to the game specific dosbox.conf file. Here is how it works, I have the standard dosbox.conf file, but I have a game that requires the machine type to be tandy. Instead of having an entire copy of dosbox.conf for the game, you just have this,
[dosbox] machine=tandy
When you start DOSBox up, you use
dosbox.exe -conf "dosbox.conf" -conf "game.conf"
DOSBox then merges the two .conf files, with game.conf taking precedence. The reason I like this, is if you change your mind and want to make all your games use a different scaler, all you have to change is the master dosbox.conf setting, and all your games will now use the new scaler.

Yeah, I observed D-Fend Reloaded doing that after I built the original version. It definitely does help for making mass DOSBox configuration changes for all your games. I'll look into getting this added as well. Many thanks for all the great feedback Beresford. It's always great to get good, constructive feedback. :) I'll look to at least get one or two of these into the next release.