LaunchBox Community Forums

Sidebar Issue

shinra358

When viewing the sidebar, categories seem to do fine. But as soon as you hide the sidebar, all games merge together. May I request an option for the title bar 'arrange by' to share the same setting configs as the sidebar 'arrange by' or something similar that would solve this?

shinra358 said When viewing the sidebar, categories seem to do fine. But as soon as you hide the sidebar, all games merge together. May I request an option for the title bar 'arrange by' to share the same setting configs as the sidebar 'arrange by' or something similar that would solve this?
They're labeled the same, but serve two different functions. The Side bar is filters based and the top right one is more ordering based. When you hide the sidebar, I think LB just assumes that you can't filter anymore, so it selects 'All'. A solution I think is to create another drop down menu next to 'Arrange By', called something like 'Filter By'. Would that suffice?

I've requested something similar like what you're saying here: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/list-of-desired-featuresenhancements *Notice only the sidebar in the picture in that link while reading following comment* So what if a solution was to have the menu version and the sidebar version to share their settings. If you switch one in the sidebar, it will automatically be switched in the menu version. The the menu bar would look like the link's menu bar and the second arrangment box to be called what you said: "Filter By". So that way, both will serve their purposes while solving the issue (because there is a hotkey for viewing the sidebar). And it would also allow you to filter by a second category, being more organized. For example: Show only NES and Adventure games instead of just NES and Everything. Would you like it if it were like that as a solution? I believe I would. It might cut down on loading times or something too when browsing since it's showing less per. Unrelated but posting here so that I wouldn't have to make another topic but: With the button mapping, can you separate context menu and cancel from being on the same button? You could also separate every multi hotkey since each can be mapped to multiple buttons anyway.