LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing Directories

shinra358

shinra358 said If you've already set up your launchbox with games and now want to move the whole thing somewhere else, how can you easily re-allocate everything without doing everything all over again if the games aren't in the launchbox folder?
So lets use an example. I did this recently when I needed to consolidate roms. N:\Emulators\ And I moved it to F:\Emulator\ Close LB and open up your XML file with a decent text editor like Notepad++. Ctrl + F and find the replace function. The string of text that needs to be found is "N:\Emulators\" without the quotes, and it would need to be replaced with "F:\Emulator\". If all you are doing is changing Drive letters but the rest of the file structure is staying the same find "N:\" and replace it with "F:\". Make sure you keep the full drive path F:\ so that way a regular N isn't replaced with an F. Oh, and also make sure you use \ and not /. \ Is above enter and below backspace on QWERTY American keyboards.

shinra358 said So suppose you are trying to change the emu paths too, is there a way for launchbox to detect the games you already had allocated and it will rejunction the games back to their settings when you rescan for said games?
No. It would need to be done with XML editing for now.