LaunchBox Community Forums

Request: Import Non-Installed Steam Games

GordonX

That would be a great feature. However, I imagine that it would be very difficult, if possible at all. Not sure how it would work installing new games from LaunchBox. You would also need some sort of marker that signals if a game is installed or not. You would have to link your Steam account probably.

Hey GordonX, thanks for the feedback. That is a good idea, but would be difficult. LaunchBox works well with Steam games that aren't installed, bd, it just makes Steam prompt you to install them when you try to launch them. Unfortunately, though, trying to read your Steam account to figure out which games you own is difficult (if it's even possible). Originally I tried to implement it this way using some Steam APIs but ran into a number of issues. The current solution just reads the SteamApps folder to determine your games (which works well, but only for installed games). I'll add it to my to do list again though to see if I can give it another shot.

Even if you could import a CSV file or something. There are a few websites out there that link to your SteamID and can produce a list of all games in your account. http://www.mysteamgauge.com/ http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71019

Wow, OK. That looks promising GordonX, this might just happen. Users will have to ensure their games library is public though, not everyone will like that. If it does happen, I think having an option to hide non-installed games is a must and maybe an option to list installed games first.

• 10 months later...